VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Compensation Consultant to join our team in Atlanta, Georgia. For candidates outside of the Atlanta area, we will consider a remote employee. You must reside in the Eastern Time Zone or Central Time Zone.
The Compensation Consultant will lead the development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs, policies and procedures. May manage a variety of special projects, to include pay administration, bonus administration and long-term incentives. Projects may also involve revision, development and/or re-design of existing compensation programs. The position will also be responsible for supporting the strategy, design, policies and guidelines.
- Lead projects related to the implementation of company-wide compensation programs and systems across the organization, including the year end salary administration process and bonus payouts.
- Contribute to the development of creative solutions on a variety of total compensation issues including the setting of appropriate pay levels, base pay, annual incentive pay, local bonus plans and Long term incentive program.
- Participates in the analysis, development, design, communication and implementation of compensation programs including, salary structures, annual salary review process and job evaluation.
- Works with communications partner to create messages that will advise and educate HRBPs and managers of our compensation events and programs.
- Conduct various annual reviews including, internal equity, merit movement, comp-ratio and other metrics for analysis as needed.
- Assist in the creation and documentation of standardized compensation processes.
- Complete market analytics to identify compensation anomalies in how Cox Automotive compares to market data.
- Ensures all compensation programs are compliant with federal and state applicable laws and meeting organizational business objectives. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of both federal and state wage and hour laws including FLSA.
- Partner with Data Analytics team to help build and maintain tools to support compensation solutions.
- Provide coaching/mentoring for more junior level team members.
- May lead or participate on special compensation projects.
- May perform other initiatives as assigned by department leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resource Management or related field and 7+ years directly related experience with an analytical acumen, preferably in Compensation, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Prior management experience.
- Full knowledge of industry practices and complete understanding of compensation principles, concepts, and practices including compliance with state and federal laws.
- Strong qualitative and analytical skills including manipulating data, querying, and reporting. Includes ability to analyze and research compensation trends and partner with appropriate internal and external resources.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with HR Business Partners and key stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and data privacy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite, including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word
- Systems experience including, reporting and data management within a database system, e.g., People Soft Kenexa etc.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.