At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
We are looking for highly driven individuals with strong technical aptitude and natural sales instincts to join our growing sales organization. As a Business Development Representative (BDR) at Algolia, you will play a critical role prospecting and expanding business opportunities for our Enterprise and Mid Market teams. You will take part in a wide variety of responsibilities that will help foster, qualify, and mature our pipeline with high profile customers. We need someone with a hunter attitude who can take direction as well as have the drive and motivation to work autonomously. We expect a strong go-getter!
Are you a resilient problem solver who isn't afraid to think outside the box and get their hands dirty? We expect you to take ownership and be able to execute against best practices, as much as be creative in the way you reach out to your prospects. We're looking for candidates who raise the level of our teams. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally. Are you ready for the challenge?
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Work closely with our Enterprise or Mid Market teams to build global pipeline and strategize on how to approach targeted accounts
- Identify, prospect key contacts at target accounts and build the foundations for a strong, long lasting relationship
- Execute appropriate strategies by building out right content ie. case studies, screencasts, presentations, demo hacks. This is where we expect you to unleash your creativity!
- Be an active part of the team, sharing best practices and participating in the Sales Development organisation's projects
- Manage, track and report sales activities and results using SFDC
A typical morning for Tristan looks like : “Every morning, my goal is to reach out to new people to raise their interest for Algolia. First, I would be looking for new companies to target and find the relevant people I want to reach out to. Then I would craft a personalized messaging to help them realize the value they would get from evaluating Algolia. Eventually, I would own the conversation with them and pass them over to a senior Account Executive when they'll be ready to evaluate Algolia.“
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Prior experience in lead generation and sales (SaaS experience preferred, but not required)
- Highly motivated with a competitive edge
- Communication and writing skills are on point
- Strong ability to quickly learn and adapt to change
- Demonstrated success overachieving (professionally/ personally)
- You have a keen interest in the tech industry
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Relocation support
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours