Sales Job Description: Business Development Manager
Our sales team represents Capgemini, a leader in global commerce services, and continues to build on our reputation for quality, transparency, and trust that we've cultivated since 2003.
We combine our proven methodologies, innovative solutions, deep technical expertise, and award-winning design to attract and retain clients with solutions that empower them to be leaders in their industry.
The career opportunities we offer are endless, and we provide extensive mentoring and coaching opportunities to our teammates so we can continue to be the best in the industry.
Capgemini Business Development Manager (BDM) is an experienced, energetic sales professional.
The main responsibility for the BDM is to sell new business for Capgemini. This will be done by building a pipeline of potential prospects and converting them into new clients for Capgemini, meeting or exceeding a bookings quota of $7M.
- Build out a new business GTM prospecting plan by focusing on opportunity development within our ideal customer profile (ICP).
- Present Capgemini capabilities, service offerings and differentiators via the phone, email, virtually and in person.
- Possess an understanding of the larger eCommerce ecosystem players such as Order Management Systems, Personalization, Tax and other tools. Understand fit into Capgemini solutions and client environments.
- Demonstrate understanding of market conditions, clients needs and how Capgemini services best meet those needs; propose appropriate solutions to meet those needs and secure new clients.
- Effectively work with the Capgemini inside sales teams to canvas territory being aware of eCommerce re-platforming initiatives or related opportunities.
- Meet with and cultivate productive relationships with partners particularly Adobe Commerce (Magento), SAP Commerce Cloud and Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Demonstrate knowledge of existing Capgemini clients including their names, eCommerce platforms, project and client profiles and apply appropriately to opportunities in your territory.
- When appropriate, attend trade shows and conventions with the goal of building relationships to drive incremental revenue.
- Drive attendance to in-person and virtual events.
- Maintain consistent contact with key players as they make career changes, re-establish relationships and continue selling the benefits of working with Capgemini.
- Develop and nurture new pipeline opportunities through various marketing activities; cold calling, networking, teaming with industry partners and influencers.
- Effectively use data and search tools to extract accounts/contacts for your territory.
- Maintain a detailed prospect pipeline, with comprehensive activity notes, in the Capgemini CRM salesforce.com (SFDC).
- Forecast opportunities and closable bookings in SFDC.
- Consistently meet or exceed weekly activity targets.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above
- Two years experience selling new business within the eCommerce sector with similar quotas. Three to five years experience selling services within the technology, marketing or agency industries.
- Experience sourcing and targeting key Digital and Commerce deals in retailers between $1B-$5B in size within the CPRD sector.
- Experience in partnering with top Commerce partners, such as Salesforce, Adobe and SAP.
- College degree
- Experience building GTM plans within the technology marketplace
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-guided and motivated individual capable of producing with minimal oversight
- Proven track record of exceeding quotas
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Solid knowledge of the eCommerce marketplace
- Entrepreneurial in nature
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Innate drive to succeed with a willingness to take action
With more than 270,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 50 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2018. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the
Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate). Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital
solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law