International Market Centers (IMC) serves as the center of commerce for the wholesale furniture, gift, home decor and apparel industries. With more than 20 million square feet of premium wholesale showroom space in High Point, N.C., Las Vegas and Atlanta, IMC has more than 60 years of relationships and experience creating scalable business platforms for wholesale commerce. With the launch of the Juniper™ suite of digital sales and marketing solutions and B2B ecommerce marketplace, IMC now provides the only omnichannel platform that seamlessly connects physical and digital wholesale commerce for the industries we serve.
For more information, visit www.imcenters.com. IMC is a Blackstone and Fireside Investments portfolio company.
Organizes, maintains, and monitors all dock operations and personnel. Creates and initiates policies and procedures as they relate to the Dock operations. Budgets and staffs according to Dock demands. Motivates, trains, and recognizes employees and their performance.
- Hands-on Dock work that includes customer pickups, loading and unloading.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Resolves trucking, freight, and-or parking issues.
- Assists in all aspects of the physical, mechanical, and technical relating to the Dock.
- Handles filing, phones, and typing.
- Prepares budgets.
- Processes invoices and work-related papers.
- Attends meetings.
- Trains and motivates dock personnel.
- Plans and Organizes day-to-day departmental activities.
- Maintains equipment.
- Ensures that customer service is maintained.
- Acts as liaison for resolving public relations issues with customers and other departments of AMC, Inc.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is required
- Must have at least five to six years’ experience in either warehouse or production management
- Experience as a forklift driver
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- Energy, drive, vision, and credibility to partner with the team whose operational excellence is critical to the success of the company
- Actively participates in creating and maintaining a work environment and culture that fosters team spirit high with a focus on the achievement of growth and profit objectives
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work closely with team at all levels within the organization
- Sensitivity to the business practices, rules and regulations, effective business tactics, and cultural norms of the environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with internal staff, business partners, customers, and the local community
- Upbeat and positive attitude, commitment to winning results
- Self-motivation and deadline-driven focus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with Federal and State Equal Employment Laws.