Cox Enterprises is hiring an Assistant General Counsel, Corporate Transactions to join our Atlanta team! The AGC will play a critical role supporting the company's domestic and international transactions, including acquisitions, investments and joint ventures, divestitures, and ongoing portfolio management. The AGC reports to the Assistant General Counsel, Strategy, and will partner with our businesses and stakeholders to provide strategic legal input with respect to Cox's growth opportunities.
- Manage corporate transactions, including drafting and negotiating documents such as letters of intent, term sheets, purchase and sale agreements, shareholders agreements, transition service agreements and other related agreements.
- Provide counsel and guidance on legal matters to senior management and corporate staff regarding the foregoing substantive areas and strategic business initiatives.
- Assist with transactional due diligence and provide advice on mitigation of risk identified in the due diligence process.
- Build strong relationships and effectively collaborate with business colleagues, other in-house attorneys and external parties (regulators, external counsel, politicians, clients).
- Manage domestic and cross-border transactions, on both the buy and sell-side, as well as supporting capitalization transactions and re-organizations across multiple international jurisdictions.
- Monitor multiple client engagements, including active management of deal timing and scheduling, and serve as a business advisor to the clients with an ability to work independently and run projects.
- Monitor and convey to clients information regarding technical developments as well as their application to local and International legal issues and strategic impacts.
- Support client engagement models across the family of Cox companies, including working collaboratively with other practice groups within Legal and business partners.
- Develop and deliver processes to enhance client services in Corporate Transactions, including training modules and efficiency improvements.
- Use good judgement when working independently but closely with M&A teams, and business clients in partnerships that keep them informed and prepared by providing expert and strategic legal advice to create associations of trust and respect.
- Anticipate issues, estimate risks strategically and identify proactive solutions.
- Base decision-making process on ethics and integrity.
- Remain current and informed on developments in case law that impacts M&A transactions and develop applicable policies and procedures.
- 10-12 years of transactional legal experience, including at a large law firm, preferably with in-house experience focusing on corporate transactions (including international).
- Ability to anticipate, analyze, assess and articulate implications and risk of complex issues, including strategic implications, and pro-actively identify solutions.
- Proactive attitude and “hands on“ professional not dependent upon large staff.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Efficiently manage a large volume and variety of transactions in a global environment.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, take a leadership role in driving solutions, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and ability to exercise sound judgment while working autonomously.
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, governance, litigation, employment, etc.).
- Understanding of how to balance legal risks with business objectives and successfully get projects completed.
- Well-versed in how business operates, with strong financial acumen.
- Demonstrated business counseling, communications, conflict management and negotiation skills.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas.
- Excellent customer service skills, time management, project management, and follow-up.
- Cost-effective management of outside legal resources.
- Ability to see the big picture while executing on the appropriate details.
- A proactive nature and “can-do“ attitude.
- A good sense of humor, and a thirst for new challenges.
- Remains calm and cool-headed under pressure.
- J.D. degree, admitted to the bar. Business undergraduate or graduate degree preferred.
- Automotive industry experience preferred.
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit www.CoxCSRReport.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.