Application Support Specialist
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
The Application Support Specialist serves as a primary point of contact for customer escalations, providing technical, deployment and other general assistance to customers and internal stakeholders. You are a self-starter that embraces an ever changing and demanding work environment. You have a technology background and are seeking to grow your skills and knowledge base. You are curious and quick to learn, always looking for ways to improve. Strong interpersonal and communications skills will be necessary to succeed.
- Provide proactive application and technical support for RMS end users, which includes performing detailed investigations to identify root causes/fixes for complex issues
- Work directly with clients and internal teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Document, route, track, escalate and update customers, as well as RMS management, on status of issues as required
- Utilize tools and systems proficiently to document activity and effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ensure customer satisfaction through outstanding customer service and high-quality responses
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from non-technical or technical customers
- Support other requests as required, including dealer interaction and internal reporting and analysis requests
- Maintain regular interactions with technology and program teams to manage fixes for production service issues
- Perform system testing as a final validation before release to customer
- Effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues as required
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of RMS’ products and support protocols
- Perform other support and operational tasks as required
- Participate in weekend on-call rotation for critical issues escalation
- BA/BS degree in related field and 3 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Tier 2/3 enterprise-level technical and application support experience preferred
- An understanding of the role of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) within an IT environment.
- Experience using Postman for building and using API's preferred
- Sound analytical, organizational and planning skills and the ability to achieve multiple team and customer objectives independently and in a deadline-sensitive fashion
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently but with a team-focused approach within multi-disciplinary teams and quickly adapt to job requirements changing on an ad hoc basis
- Total commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for product knowledge acquisition
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- 0-15% Travel
- Off-hours, on-call support may apply
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.