Administrative Assistant - Temporary
Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
- Provides administrative support for one of the following (or a combination): general management, a research environment or a specific program.
- Ensures office activities comply with Emory policies and procedures.
- Responds to incoming telephone calls.
- Maintains calendars and prioritizes meeting requests for management.
- Reviews incoming correspondence and identifies items of special interest to management; handles routine correspondence and prepares appropriate responses.
- May complete forms, grant applications, and/or correspondence associated with programs.
- Prepares charts and graphs for reports and presentations.
- Creates and edits scientific, programmatic or other reports associated with department's primary business.
- Schedules meetings and handles logistics for meetings and special events.
- Prepares materials for meetings and special events.
- Initiates, processes, and maintains records and invoices.
- Keeps management apprised of account status, identifies cost-effective solutions and may authorize expenditures.
- May monitor or maintain budgets and grants, assist with budget development, and prepare related expense reports and reimbursements.
- Plans and coordinates travel arrangements.
- Maintains databases and spreadsheets; may also analyze data and design/generate associated reports.
- Establishes and organizes filing systems.
- Oversees ordering and maintenance of office supplies.
- May supervise or direct the work of support staff and/or students.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and five years of clerical or secretarial experience, or a bachelor's degree. Proficiency with various personal computer software applications.
- Positions in this classification may require keyboarding skills.
NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?Connect with us for general consideration!