Requisition Number: INTER04388
Position Title: Intern - Cash Application Specialist
The Intern Cash Application Specialist will serve as the primary initial customer contact for the answering questions driven from the monthly billing statement. This position will manage the customer base in a positive manner and will help the Credit and Collection department reach its cash collection and DSO goals. The position will be responsible for the customer satisfaction efforts, as directed by the Credit and Collection Manager to ensure the proper account coverage across the delinquent portfolio and provide daily feedback on unresolved issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Apply client payments to invoices and complete all payment batches daily in Oracle
- Perform Finance related projects – as assigned
- Run Oracle reports for Unapplied Cash resolution
- Apply credits to customers as required including write offs
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Ability to utilize CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool to help solve issues.
- Gather credit and/or collections reference information, as required when needed.
- Complete ad hoc projects and related deliverables, as assigned.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities under tight deadlines.
- Currently in the process of completing a 4 year college degree: preferred, but not required in Accounting, Business or equivalent experience.
- Complete use and functionality of the Microsoft 2010 Office product suite.
Second year of school completion required, but preferable if third year and or previous internship/co-op experience.
Knowledge of Oracle with experience in cash applications:
- Enthusiastic and effective communicator
- Well organized, attentive to detail and accurate
- Able to work in a team environment and take direction
- Flexible, ability to change assignment or plans for day with little notice
- Intermediate Excel experience
Reports to: Credit and Collections Supervisor
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable):
Working Conditions: 10-week program beginning end of May. Fully remote internship due to COVID-19 precautions