Physical Therapy Asst PRN
Starr Regional Medical Center
Physical Therapy Assistant – Rehabilitation Services – Athens Campus- PRN (Variable Shifts) - position available.
Core competencies for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Implements treatment plan developed by supervising therapist using appropriate modalities. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Monitors patient's responses to the treatment plan. Regularly communicates patient progress and possible goal revisions to the physical therapist.
- Documents services provided and patient response/progress.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits.
- Assists with patient discharge planning. Provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and community support programs.
- Associates of Applied Science degree in Physical Therapy required.
- Current Physical Therapist Assistance Licensure in State of Tennessee required.
- BLS required through AHA or ARC.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.