Ensures that warehouse functions are completed safely, accurately, and on-time within company standards. Unloads, receives, and processes inbound shipments. Performs bin replenishment, moves product around the distribution center to ensure efficient processing, and prepares pick locations. Accurately picks, packs, sorts and loads outbound products in accordance with customer specifications.
There are seven primary functions in the warehouse to include: Receiving, Put Away, Replenishment, LUM Pick & Pack, Bulk Pick, Sort, and Load. A Distribution Teammate 2 is considered proficient when they can perform four or more of the above functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Unloads pallets and cases from inbound trailers and/or containers manually and/or using MHE to include manual pallet jack, motorized pallet jack, sit down or standup forklift, and standing reach truck.
- Accurately counts, verifies, and receives product using radio frequency (RF) equipment and/or Voice Pick Technology
- Documents variances
- Moves case of product from the inbound dock to storage locations in the warehouse using a standing reach truck or stock picker
- Moves pallets and/or cases from reserve location to pick location using a standing reach truck, stock picker, or sit down forklift
- Selects products and quantities as directed by Voice Pick Technology and/or RF scanner and places items into totes on conveyor belt
- Removes empty cartons from pick module as needed
- Selects bulk items from warehouse racking using a stock picker and Voice Pick Technology and/or RF scanner
- Operates a forklift and picks items as high as 35 feet in the air
- Builds pallets and delivers them to designated area for shipping
- Prepares sortation area by setting up pallets and carts for product
- Moves cartons and totes from conveyor belts and/or rollers and places on pallets and/or carts according to assigned batch
- Uses RF scanner to ensure that totes, pallets, and carts are loaded correctly onto trucks for customer delivery
- Uses sit down forklift, electric or manual pallet jack to load pallets
General requirements for all functions
- Operates various MHE and follows general sequencing and process procedures
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment
- Follows safety policies and procedures and corrects or communicates hazards to management
- Counts and performs basic math calculations
- Maintains productivity and quality standards
- Arrives at work on time, as scheduled
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Places incoming merchandise into inventory
- Conducts physical inventories as required
- Performs additional duties as directed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- General knowledge of a variety of basic topics, such as math, reading, basic accounting, typing, etc. Equal to a high school diploma.
- Prior experience working in a distribution center a plus. Warehouse Certification and Operations Certification also a plus
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment with the ability to meet performance standards and individual performance goals
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Must be dependable and able to report to work as scheduled and have regular punctual attendance
- Must be willing to learn how to use new equipment
- Must be willing to learn WMS Technology
- Must adhere to all safety rules and requirements
- Ability to frequently work unscheduled overtime hours with minimal-notice
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- For some functions, must be able to operate forklift and pick items as high as 35 feet in the air
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, squat and kneel often, and lift 30 to 50 pounds as needed
- For some functions, must be able to work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
- Must be able to clearly communicate (speak and understand) in English or Spanish in order to operate voice-pick technology
Note: Owens & Minor is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our Company via email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our Company. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by our Company as a result of the referral or through other means.