Wildlife Management Specialist
Varment Guard a division of Plunkett's Pest Control
Are you a dynamic, energetic and motivated person who can work independently and with a team? Does the idea of managing your own territory and growing business while providing essential services to our commercial and residential customers every month interest you? Do you have a valid driver's license and are ready to work on one of the top service teams in the Midwest?
Working out of your home, you will be servicing the Ashland, OH area. The Wildlife Management Specialist is provided a company truck, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including vacation, sick time, medical insurance and a 401k retirement plan. Pest control experience is not required; we will train the right person and provide them with all the tools required for a successful career.
The Wildlife Management Specialist will be responsible for an assigned territory each month. You will be responsible for the prevention, management, and /or removal of nuisance wildlife (such as raccoons, squirrels, opossums, skunks, groundhogs etc.) that inhabit homes, buildings and surrounding areas. The Wildlife Management Specialist will be responsible for identifying potential wildlife issues, conduct inspections, and design management strategies. You will work directly with customers and use a wide range of products, protocols, and methods to remove nuisance wildlife.
Essential Job Duties:
- Drive company vehicle to client sites to provide wildlife management services in a professional and safe manner
- Provide solutions for nuisance wildlife according to company, industry, and regulatory standards.
- Build route density by finding new prospective clients and looking for ways to add value to existing clients
- Participate fully in training opportunities to enhance knowledge; and to meet requirements for licensing and safety standards
- Work in a safe manner by adhering to OSHA, state requirements, and Plunketts' policies and procedures
- Maintain proper inventory of tools, equipment, and materials in company vehicle to complete all work and tasks assigned
- Project a professional image; is friendly, pleasant, and courteous when dealing with internal and external clients
- Perform effectively with minimal direction and without direct supervision
- Adapt quickly to change and work under tight deadlines
- Organization of own work and completion of work on a timely basis
- Communicate effectively with internal and external clients
- Work as part of a team that provides “Best in Class“ nuisance wildlife solutions
- Cooperate with company management by performing any other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 19 years of age with a two year degree in Wildlife Management or comparable degree OR at least 21 years of age
- Ability to read, legibly speak, and understand English; must be able to communicate clearly and effectively to clients and Plunkett's employees
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Utilize application equipment, inspection equipment, and small hand tools
- The ability to work extended hours and some weekends
- Must have a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Physical capability assessment, favorable drug test, and acceptable background record is also required
- Previous experience working on rooftops
- Experience working with minimum supervision; able to problem solve and keep detailed records
- Six months experience in a route management, route sales, customer service, sales or account management position
- Has experience using computer-based and mobile applications
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Communicates through telephone conversations, face-to-face interactions, texts and email
- Lift/push/pull up to 75lbs regularly; some routes may occasionally require lifting/pushing/pulling up to 100lbs
- Extensive bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, reaching overhead, climbing a ladder, working in confined spaces, walking for long periods, and sitting for long periods
- Utilize application equipment (spray guns and bottles, hoses etc.), inspection equipment, and small hand tools
- Working on rooftops of varying heights and angles
- Tolerate a variety of environmental conditions; indoors and outdoors during seasonal weather, damp locations, and dusty locations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Plunkett's is a 3rd generation family owned business established in 1915 celebrating over 100 years of continued growth! Our 480+ employees enjoy competitive wages and rewards, fantastic benefits, a company sponsored retirement program, continuous training and career development. Plunkett's is an outstanding, privately owned company that holds a great deal of opportunity for people who want to step up and start an exciting career!
Lear more about being a Plunkett's Technician!
Come join the Varment Guard / Plunkett's family!
Plunkett's is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring and retaining a workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve. EOE/Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabilities/LGBT