Requisition Number: 43663
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UAM - DRG Utility Asset Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 75%
Job Title: Telecommunication Lineman
Asset Management is a division of Davey Resource Group (DRG) and we have been employee owned since 1979. We specialize in managing the assets and outside plant construction of utilities throughout the U.S. by providing solutions, focused around the electrical and telecommunication industries.
DRG is looking for a Telecom Aerial Lineman who will be responsible for performing skilled tasks in accordance with standard industry practices in the construction, maintenance, and operation of underground and overhead telecommunications This position will be responsible to use various specialized equipment in an outside fast paced work environment. DRG Telecom Aerial Linemen install, operate, maintain, inspect and repair CATV lines to include Strand, Fiber and Coax.
- Install, operate, maintain and repair overhead telecommunications plant
- Read and interpret engineering plans
- Locate/troubleshoot telecommunication cables and wires
- Perform maintenance on telecommunication equipment
- Operates Bucket trucks, hand tools, power tools, ladders, signal level meters, volt meters, and test equipment.
- Operate communications device in accordance with company policies.
- Operate Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner: Clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment, in accordance with company policies.
- Utilize and become proficient with tasks, tools, test equipment and information that will enhance business results.
- Adhere to industry specific, local, state and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Know, understand and follow company policy.
- Working on aerial spans
- Completes paperwork, time sheets, test results, vehicle inspection, and logs.
- Assists other Team personnel in the performance of their duties when requested to promote a Team approach to problem solving.
- Visually assess digging areas to ensure that areas have been staked/located prior to digging.
- Must always comply with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to DRG policy or the customer special request.
- Report all personal & vehicle accidents/incidents immediately to supervisors, cooperate and assist in the investigations.
- Assists with job site setup.
- Operates construction equipment safely in a variety of urban and rural areas.
The ideal candidate would be comfortable with traveling from location to location within utility or telecommunication clients service territory. Candidates must be comfortable working full time with a minimum of 40 - 45 hour