The Houseperson's primary responsibility is to execute and maintain clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of all hotel corridors, vending areas, and department storage facilities. The Houseperson assists the Room Attendants with the production of guestrooms by delivering and maintaining adequate supplies throughout the day as needed. The Houseperson is to act as an ambassador of the hotel by providing any and all information requested by guests including hotel amenities, area attractions, and restaurants. They are to demonstrate the G.U.E.S.T and L.E.A.D.E.R at all times when interacting with guest to ensure a positive experience.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- High School diploma/ GED - preferred
- Customer Service experience – required
- Previous housekeeping experience - preferred
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
90% - Cleaning & Guest Service / 10 % - Departmental Training & Meetings
- Ensures positive guest experience by utilizing the GUEST service standards and LEADER recovery steps
- Arrive to work on time and in proper uniform
- Arrive to work with a positive attitude
- Participate in daily line-up and regular training/departmental meetings
- Clean all hotel corridors, stairwells, employee elevators, and storage facilities with the proper chemicals/tools according to hotel standards to ensure positive guest experience
- Follow daily railroad schedule of assigned tasks to ensure all areas are cleaned and maintained properly.
- Vacuum and dust as needed
- Empty trash containers on all guestroom corridors and room attendant carts throughout day and according to railroad schedules.
- Replenish/refresh all linen carts on floors for efficient flow of work of Room Attendant
- Adhere to safety guidelines
- Respond promptly to guest requests
- Manage time efficiently to meet commitments
- Strip guestrooms as needed to include the removal of trash, soiled linen and terry, and room service items
- Use proper radio etiquette on a daily basis
- Put away incoming deliveries and count housekeeping daily; report recommended ordering to Housekeeping Manager for adequate supply of guest and cleaning supplies
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA's)
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and Grand Performers
- Strong organizational skills
- Guest friendly
- Ability to balance a variety of tasks while maintaining the highest of quality standards
- Ability to read/recognize various tools and chemicals used throughout the cleaning process
Are you a returning applicant?
Previous Applicants: Email: Password:
If you do not remember your password click here.