Primary Therapist - Full-time
The Primary Counselor is responsible for coordinating and providing individual counseling, case management, group therapy, and bio-psycho-social assessment services to patients in a residential setting. The candidate will demonstrate expertise in evidence-based treatment modalities for dual diagnoses, case management, development of patient support systems, and discharge/continuing care planning. The Primary Counselor will collaborate with the treatment team to plan and coordinate the patient’s movement through the continuum of care.
Primary Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Responsible for conducting weekly counseling groups.
- Conduct initial assessment and create treatment plans and updates to treatment plan with cooperation from the clinical team.
- Assist patients in developing measurable treatment and discharge goals and objectives.
- Lead group counseling sessions and psycho-educational groups.
- Provide liaison services between patient and family.
- Document all services via EMR system.
- Meet with patients on an individual basis when requested by patient or recommended by Clinical Director.
- Document progress notes in patient files following each individual session.
- Maintain frequent contact with Clinical Director regarding individuals' progress.
- Responsible for attending and participating in mandatory weekly clinical and interdisciplinary staff meetings to discuss patient care and all aspects of treatment.
- Maintain and adhere to all Federal, State, and County regulations regarding patient confidentiality and staff code of ethics.
- Participate in continuous training in areas where needed, attendance at seminars, continue earning CEUs.
- Responsible for all state and Joint Commission documentation requirements relating to patient records.
- Timely and thorough responses to documentation requests for Utilization Reviews or Concurrent Reviews.
- Observation of Sunspire Health policies relating to professional boundaries.
- Observe conflict of interest limitations and notify supervisor regarding any outside employment opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Psychology or a related field.
- At least three (3) years of experience in a behavioral health field.
- Must be licensed or license eligible.
- Must have valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Must maintain CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Strong clinical skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines as well as be flexible and dependable.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
- Structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Principles and processes for providing patient services. This includes patient needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of patient satisfaction.
- Human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Exceptional patient/patient service with the ability to resolve service issues.
- Knowledge of TJC standards.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work.
- Being aware of others' reactions, understanding why they react as they do, and adjusting one’s own actions in relation to others.
- Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
We are a Drug Free Company. All positions are designated as “Safety Sensitive” positions and in light of our company mission the Company does not employ medical marijuana cardholders. Following an offer of employment, and prior to reporting to work, all applicants will be required to submit to and pass a substance abuse screen.