CACI is currently looking for a Visual Design Architect with agile methodology experience to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia! Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation's safety, security, and prosperity. CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial.
What you'll get to do:
The Visual Design Architect (VDA) will lead the establishment of a common visual reference architecture and language that adheres to or advances the organizational brand identity and mission. Additionally, the VDA role will help to ensure consistently high-quality customer experiences across a variety of mediums (e.g., print, web, digital, etc.), and will collaborate with teams to guide best practices and standards.
- Conceptualizing and developing a strong design architecture that accounts for an experienced-centered approach.
- Taking a leadership role in collaborations between the creative strategy, UX, visual design, development team, and client to create effective design strategies.
- Establishing the visual direction for projects by establishing a common design language and consistent brand
- Developing compelling, creative, and user-focused experiences and points of view that align with clients' business objectives
- Collaborating with cross discipline team to create and execute experience style guides, interaction patterns, and information design standards
- Articulating and defending conceptual and visual design choices
- Responsible for inspiring and motivating creative teams and serving as overall design lead while also managing design teams on and across major engagements
- Promoting continual creative improvement and actively contributing to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Responsible for mentoring and leading junior creative staff through critique of their work to maintain consistent creative quality
- Recognizing and mentoring strong design talent and potential within the visual design team
- Helping recruit future design talent and acting as a leader in setting and nurturing the company's culture
- Building and maintaining a close relationship with management-level counterparts.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
- 3 year check for felony convictions
- 1 year check for illegal drug use
- 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- 7+ years' experience as a visual designer, interaction designer, experience designer or a similar role
- Degree in a related field, such as Interactive Design, Architecture, Industrial Design, Graphic Design or Human Factors a plus
- Experience working collaboratively to communicate effectively through websites and web applications that are easy for real people to use and responsive across all device viewports
You are good at:
- Creativity, imagination and demonstrating through your portfolio an understanding of the customer identity.
- An eye for detail, a drive for excellence, and pride in what you do
- Expert skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams across multiple locations
Bonus would be having:
- Design Thinking certifications such as those offered through IDEO, Stanford, Cornell, MIT or a host of other organizations.
- Advanced understanding of Lean processes, and Agile principles.
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.