CACI is currently looking for a Business Systems Analyst with agile methodology experience to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia! Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation's safety, security, and prosperity. CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial.
What you'll get to do:
Serve as an experienced Business/Systems Analyst who has worked in an Agile/Scrum environment, which developed custom software and database applications. Responsibilities include:
- Possess both an understanding of real-world mission/business objectives and a working grasp of software development practices and technologies.
- Serve as the focal point for the capture, analysis, and management of functional and non-functional systems requirements, and user stories.
- Show a demonstrated skill in effective decomposition of mission/business objectives into requirements contained within a product backlog which can then be implemented in a series of short and iterative development cycles.
- Meet regularly with stakeholders to identify business needs.
- Clearly communicate those business needs to a development team through user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Work closely with the ScrumMaster to establish Release/Sprint backlogs, resolve impediments, and provide direction on scope of work to be accomplished.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, as well as the product development team during the development cycle to ensure the customer needs are being met.
- Develop product roadmaps.
- Review and evaluate work done by development team to ensure proper scope has been met.
- Lead the demonstrations to stakeholder and report on the results of each software iteration.
- The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse team is also crucial. A willingness to learn and stay abreast of industry trends is also required. The program emphasizes innovation, and CACI looks for individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria includes but is not limited to:
- o 3 year check for felony convictions
- o 1 year check for illegal drug use
- o 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum seven (7+) years' experience as a business analyst on iterative software development projects.
You are good at:
- Developing business processes, capability needs, business requirements, and business information models.
- Translating business requirements into user stories, use cases and technical requirements.
- Experience with functional decomposition of large business needs into multiple layers of requirements/user stories.
- Experience conducting interviews with stakeholders to gather pertinent information.
- Experience analyzing data and data relationships across an organization's business areas.
- Working knowledge of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management.
- Experience in estimating techniques.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Strong skills with MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Project, Visio) and SharePoint
Bonus would be having:
- Software development background
- Certified Business Analysis Professional
- Certified Product Owner
- Knowledge and experience with the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK)
- Experience with managing projects using VersionOne
- Experience with ServiceNow or similar service desk solution
- Acts independently to expose and resolve problems
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.