CACI is currently looking for a Release Manager with agile methodology experience to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia! Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation's safety, security, and prosperity. CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial.
What you'll get to do:
Serves as a Release Manager who will be responsible for supporting critical end user applications and working in a highly Agile environment as both a mentor and technology leader working with Scrum Masters, Business Analysts and Product Architects to deliver on time solutions. Additionally, you will:
- Establish and maintain Release cadence and coordination activities across Product Teams and Shared Services
- Lead the Agile Solution Factory (ASF) processes at the portfolio level for a given Release
- Build and maintain Release, Sprint, and Deployment schedules, coordinating with appropriate contractor and customer stakeholders
- Facilitate Integrated Release Planning, Release Scrums, Scrum of Scrums, and related ceremonies
- Ensure deployments are promoted and test activities occur within development environments in accordance with the Release Schedule and established framework
- Primary interface with our shared services teams and ensuring Shared Services Defined Definition of Done requirements are being met by Product Teams
- Primary lead on implementing Agile practices in the context of the Portfolio
- Assist in removing roadblocks/impediments for the various teams
- Mentor Scrum Masters and teams
- Glean industry-wide Scrum Master best practices and bring them into the Scrum Master Guild for discussion
- Capture and maintain key metrics related to software development, quality, and related artifacts
- Manage software application releases.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria includes, but not limited to:
- 3 year check for felony convictions
- 1 year check for illegal drug use
- 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- Professional Experience: Bachelors degree and 5+ years related technical experience including Scrum Master roles (experiences considered in lieu of degree)
- Experience with managing multiple Agile teams in a portfolio or enterprise setting
You are good at:
- Managing work with Jira products in the context of software development and reporting across multiple teams
- Expertise with MS Project and Office Suite applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of traditional software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), or related Agile certification
Bonus would be having:
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Information Management Systems, experience considered in lieu of degree
- Agile Coaching or training experience
- Experience with SecDevOps processes and/or tools
- Current and relevant experience with Customs and Border Protection (CBP) applications.
- Strong, active listening skills
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.