Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you'll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You'll be part of a team who's passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it's protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You'll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we'll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
NTTC-Cloud Infrastructure Services is seeking a DevOps Engineer to provide expert level engineering and operational support for infrastructure configuration management and automation. The server automation engineer should have ability to support configuration management in large enterprise class environment with 1500+ servers. Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in Windows server and virtualization technology. He/She must possess expert level PowerShell scripting experience and knowledge of other development technology such as C#, python, jQuery, HTML, perl or any other similar technology. Candidate must be adept at handling multiple projects and tasks as well as tailoring communications to suit the intended audience.
What you'll be doing
- Blend development and operations best practices to provide continuous integration and delivery.
- Design and develop tools using PowerShell, Python, jQuery, HTML, or any other similar technology.
- Have experience in designing SQL queries.
- Have passion to automate and develop self-service tools.
- Have experience with enterprise configuration management system and automation in large 1500+ servers environment.
- Have experience in web development, using web services and API for system integration (optional)
- Provision physical and virtual server using configuration management system
- Develop and run compliance audits as well as reports
- Configure and administer orchestration using tools such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt, etc.
- Provide support and consultation for Windows Server (2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2) as well as VMWare virtualization
- Modify existing processes and introduce enhancement.
- Author new and / or update existing documentation.
- Work with the Infrastructure and Applications Services teams to strategize and evaluate new options for server management and continual process improvement
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- Passionate about automation and development
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today.
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.