Data Center Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a Data Center Manager to join our expanding Infrastructure Operations team
AWS is a fast paced technology company and a leader in the world of data centers. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations. We are currently expanding our infrastructure management team and are looking for technology managers with experience in people management, strong technical understanding and the drive and vision to take AWS Data Center Operations to the next level. The successful candidate will have experience creating/devising strategies, mentoring people in all levels, sponsoring projects and proposing technical solutions. This position involves leading teams in hardware and network diagnostics followed by physical repair and includes participation in an on-call rotation. All candidates should be willing to work both independently and managing their teams effectively. Work prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are critical to being successful. In addition to strong knowledge in Data Centers, hardware and network repair, candidates will create documentation, innovate solutions, participate in site-level project work, and fix complex problems within the Data Center Space. This team works in an environment that operates 24/7.
· A Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of professional or military experience in an IT related field.
· 2+ years of experience managing people in a technical environment.
· 2+ years experience in participating in on-call rotations, and providing after-hours support in an environment that operates 24/7
· 2+ years of experience with Networking, or Computer hardware.
· 2+ years of previous Data Center Management experience.
· Effective communication and decision making skills
· Behavioral interviewing and hiring experience
· Experience in managing budgets
· Project Management experience
· Technical writing experience.
· Project management experience.
· High level knowledge of Linux systems administration.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.