US National Security Strategic Programs Executive
Are you an independent self-starter who is focused on driving Executive Programs with senior government/partner leaders, industry groups and think tanks within the US National Security (NatSec) ecosystem? In this role, you will create strategic opportunities through close partnership with NatSec account teams, Amazon executives and public policy. The role requires a team player with focus on engaging with senior stakeholders to transform their IT strategy and improve mission capabilities through use of Amazon Web Services.
As the NatSec Executive Programs Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology in one of our most critical segments. You are a senior leader who will develop strategy, advise direction, and perform in an influencing capacity. Your broad responsibilities will include developing and managing a growing set Executive Programs to engage senior leadership across the US Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) Intelligence Community.
As NatSec Executive Programs Manager, you will promote AWS as a champion and leader within the US National Security market, build and maintain strong high level relationships with our current and potential customers. You will identify and work to remove blockers to business; develop business winning strategies and proactive messaging to promote our customers' successes in the cloud environments; and help establish AWS as the leader in cloud computing and cloud enabled technologies for the Federal government.
You will drive senior executive relationships through your extensive knowledge of the IC mission, environmental conditions, and industry. This includes determining the most effective go-to-market strategies, and collaborating with the commercial sales, legal, marketing, product, contracts and executive leadership teams along the way.
You will also work closely with the Amazon executives and the public policy team to facilitate high-level meetings between executives and key stakeholders, including Congressional, regulatory, and industry association and alliance partners, to promote and advocate for NatSec's business objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess a business background (and/or relevant mission experience) that enables them to drive an engagement at a senior executive level. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
· Develop and drive Executive Programs in close coordination with AWS NatSec Account team plans/goals to increase cloud adoption within the IC.
· Identify and lead the development of key relationships within the IC.
· Maintain regular cadence with senior government/industry executives on key NatSec issues.
· Create and deliver proactive messaging, use cases, and thought leadership with senior executives to push initiatives across the IC in close partnership with Amazon Public Policy team.
· Identify blockers to the growth of the business and propose solutions to overcome/mitigate.
· Understand technical considerations specific to the IC, and communicate internally and help guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
· In coordination and collaboration with account teams, prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding quarterly and yearly strategies to align with revenue growth expectations.
· Facilitate complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
· Accelerate cloud adoption and customer satisfaction.
This role can sit in DC/VA/MD metro area.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
· BA/BS degree required.
· 10+ years of working within the US National Security ecosystem (from tactical to strategic levels).
· 7+ years of experience driving strategy development and execution within the IC.
· 5+ years of experience leading strategic engagements with senior IC executives and/or Congress.
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance at the TS/SCI level with Polygraph.
· 3+ years leading or managing enterprise software, hardware, networking infrastructure efforts, managed hosting services and/or cloud computing services, with a focus on IC customers.
· 2+ years of experience working or managing relationships with US Federal Systems Integrators.
· In-depth experience with DoD Intel and/or Intelligence Community mission space
· Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
· Ability to multi-task and work many opportunities simultaneously
· Strong written and verbal skills tailored for an executive audience as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
· Masters in a relevant field
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Must enjoy working in a collaborative, fast paced environment, and have outstanding teamwork skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.