Support Engineer IV, DSP Site Reliability Engineering
Advertising is one of the hottest growing areas at Amazon. Our Demand Side Platform (DSP) is becoming increasingly popular with major advertisers worldwide and is competing head-to-head with the big players in the space. Our goal is to make Amazon’s DSP the number one destination for E-commerce advertising anywhere in the world. Our team supports DSP customers and we work across a wide variety of technologies and platforms to implement solutions for our customers that reflect our understanding of their needs and leverage our deep e-commerce expertise.
This job requires you to constantly hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success.
The candidate must be comfortable working across multiple teams to resolve customer-impacting issues and possess the ability to facilitate discussions to troubleshoot issues, remove barriers, drive root cause resolution and follow all possible avenues to get customer issues resolved. The candidate should have a record of accomplishment of delivering quality, thorough Support Engineering.
Key job responsibilities
- Triaging and troubleshooting on issues related to Amazon systems and services
- Interface with operations and business partners to determine root cause and resolve important customer issues
- Developing tools, applications, code improvements and scripts to eliminate regressions and improve the quality and efficiency DSP systems.
The position requires a combination of strong troubleshooting, technical, communication and leadership skills.
A day in the life
Check on the 1-2 support queues for which you are responsible for incoming tickets. Resolve 3-5 issues per day. Invest ~1 hour per day on project work including scripting, improving our standard operating procedure documents, or attending partner development team operational excellence reviews to understand the status of fixes owned by those teams and then using that to update our customers as appropriate.
About the team
The Amazon DSP Support Engineering team supports our enterprise advertising clients - both agencies and direct advertisers - by working across teams to solve complex technical problems. The Support Engineer will own technical troubleshooting and resolution across a broad range of ad technology including our Demand Side Platform (DSP) user interface and API, Data Management Platform (DMP) integrations, Private Marketplace (PMP), ad serving, and targeting. Technical acumen and the ability to learn new systems will be critical
- 3+ years of development or technical support experience
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems
- Experience scripting in modern programming languages
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline
- Fundamentals on Unix/Linux operating systems
- Solid familiarity with SQL, database technologies and an ability to reverse engineer data models
- Programming and/or scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, HTML, C#, and/or PHP) and working knowledge of software used to develop in these languages
- Prior experience in ad tech and/or programmatic advertising
- Experience with infrastructure support
- Knowledge in AWS is a plus.
- Experience with RESTful API is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to juggle many tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
- Experience automating and improving processes. Self-starter who is excited about technology.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.