Software Development Engineer, Advertising Onsite Monetization Science
Our vision is to develop Earth’s most efficient advertising auctions that enhance the Amazon shopping experience with engaging content for customers and deliver strong performance for advertisers. If you want to make history, work alongside bright scientific minds, and have fun executing against this vision, then you are a prime candidate for this role.
The Onsite Advertising Supply Science team has both technical and business ownership of optimizing the advertising auctions that operate for ad placements on the Amazon retail website. We are tasked with maximizing the long-term value that Amazon creates across its Display Advertising business by delivering an engaging ad experience for millions of shoppers each day. The team partners closely with both retail and advertising infrastructure teams and is responsible for optimizing billions of advertising auctions in over a dozen marketplaces.
Key job responsibilities
As a software development engineer on the team, you will:
* Build high scale and low latency services that optimize billions of auctions every day.
* Develop new services that manage real-time bidding/auctions behavior and pricing strategies for advertising programs and publishers.
* Collaborate with applied scientists and economists to test and implement large-scale changes to the advertising auction.
* Seek to continually innovate and scale the services you build through researching technology choices, and owning the operational excellence of solutions.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
· Experience building highly scalable systems in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Strong data structure and algorithm knowledge
· Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
· Experience mentoring junior engineers
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years of industry experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.