Software Development Engineer II
Interested in working with the latest technology in the cloud computing space?
The Amazon People Engine team is building cutting edge solutions to enable employees and managers to self-serve changes across all human resource processes.
Join us in building an innovative technology using Amazon Web Services to meet the complex and unique demands of managing more than 2,000,000 employees globally; onboarding more than 100,000 employees in four weeks. We dive deep to insist on the highest standards in architecture, coding, testing, deploying and maintaining every aspect of our offerings.
If you’re thrilled by the idea of ownership, passionate about creating new platforms, features and services from scratch and comfortable with the pace of a company shipping software in cycles measured in weeks not years, we would love to connect with you.
We are looking for developers with strong computer science fundamentals, including UX design, data structures, object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis. If you have a track record of designing and building scalable, complex solutions across distributed systems in an agile environment, we want to talk to you.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Exposure to big data technologies such as EMR, Hadoop, Glue, Spark, Athena.
· Exposure to data streaming and messaging platforms such as Kafka, Kinesis, SNS, SQS
· Exposure with data modeling techniques
· Experience taking a lead role in architecting, designing, and building complex software systems
· Ability to translate raw requirements into well designed solutions
· Ability to lead development of critical platform components and influence other teams through solid software development or operational excellence recommendations
· Strong understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping great software on time
· Solid understanding of design patterns and how to best utilize them
· Experience in data engineering
· Strong understanding of the tradeoffs between different data storage option
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us