Service Team Compliance Lead
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is our highest priority. The AWS Security Assurance team is responsible for demonstrating the security controls of services offered by AWS. At AWS' scale, we invent new ways to provide the highest level of assurance to our security conscious customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated Manager with security domain and controls subject-matter expert to join our team. As part of the team, you will be responsible for understanding key AWS security controls, understand evidence that strategically address these controls, and work with control owners to generate evidence that fulfills AWS compliance requirements. Additionally, you will be responsible for understanding AWS’ operational processes around controls within these domains and be able to clearly articulate and communicate to various stakeholder audiences in a variety of forms (e.g., demos, interviews, etc.).
The successful candidate is one who loves working across many stakeholders to design solutions for complex compliance challenges. We have a team culture that encourages ownership, diversity, inclusion, and innovation. Our team members and management alike take a high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. Our team members balance their unique perspective with those of the diverse perspectives of the team and its stakeholders. You will directly with most divisions within AWS service to show AWS’ ability to demonstrate and communicate key controls within given control domains.
In this role, you will facilitate open and transparent relationships with key AWS stakeholders. We seek an experienced and industry professional who has the ability to understand IT processes, security controls, communicate across a variety of stakeholder, and to be able to drive innovative process changes through multiple organizations and teams.
This position can also work out of our AWS office in Arlington or Herndon, VA; Seattle, WA.
This position will be responsible for the following activities:
- Engaging service teams and working closely with engineering, infrastructure, compliance and security, to manage and fulfill requests around evidence to illustrate the key controls that exist within given Security domains.
- Communicate to key stakeholders the operational processes around AWS security practices and how controls are implemented across the environment.
- Communicate to leadership key risks and areas of program improvement, as well as seek diverse opinions and coordinate improvement efforts.
- Fielding and addressing requests in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Dive deep into the AWS control environment to develop broad domain and technical understanding of AWS control activities and implementation to articulate compliance to key stakeholders.
- Bridge communication with key stakeholders and AWS technical communities to articulate control implementation.
- Operate a quality rhythm of the business for managing multiple stakeholder expectations simultaneously.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth as a passionate learner that is motivated to take on challenges.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Accounting/Auditing, or other related fields
- 5+ years of experience in security, audits, customer trust, control assessments, or risk assessments.
- 3+ years of experience assessing complex technical processes
- Experience with monitoring and automating security controls.
- Experience in third-party and regional/regulatory examinations
- Demonstrates high judgement and risk decision making abilities.
- Have experience in performing technical assessments and documentation around key controls and security processes, as well as auditing IT processes, including working knowledge of key controls across a number of industry best practices
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.