Sr Technical Program Manager, Department of Defense
Have you ever thought about helping Department of Defense customers develop innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies?
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will play an integrative, cross-functional role in the creation of the DoD innovation team. You will manage the implementation and sustainment phases of critical innovation workloads, supporting customers’ prototype and proof of concept execution. You will orchestrate the AWS DoD domain expertise to resolve technical issues, enable customer proficiency in using AWS services, and share best practices/lessons learned. You will also employ your program management skills to oversee cross-cutting strategic initiatives with considerable impact to the overall business.
They must have the ability to translate business requirements in partnership with business and technical teams as well as with operating peers in the partner, technical, service and sales. They must possess project management and change management skills that can take the business capabilities roadmap and deliver its value through well-structured releases to the sales organization. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sales, understand deeply customer needs and can anticipate how to delight AWS’ customers. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical teams.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Serve as point of contact to the DoD Sales community for enablement of the innovation team..
· Engage DoD stakeholders by structuring and leveraging mechanisms for communication, escalation and go to market plans.
· Define and continuously assess business capabilities that are required for business performance across the Sales teams.
· Contribute to ongoing evaluation of the portfolio of systems and tools investments, including assessment of total costs, business value, and risk/redundancies.
· Drive business and technical relationships and close business at a rapid rate by helping to define, identify, and pursue key opportunities.
· Have experience thinking strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
· Be able to travel as necessary.
· Train & enable local sales teams to help qualify customers, and – in some cases – lead elements of the digital innovation engagement
· Effectively track and articulate the value of engagements underway, and major wins
· Help develop and improve the Innovation engagement model based on engagement experience
· Work with the Partner team to identify, engage and enable partners who can accelerate our approach to innovation.
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 5+ years of experience in DoD, technology program management and project management or equivalent
· 3+ years of experience in technical leadership roles; technical program management, systems architecture, or system development.
· 3+ years of experience working independently to design, plan, and execute technical projects to make difficult trade-offs and prioritization
· 3+ years of experience in service-oriented and web-service technologies
· 3+ years of demonstrable experience in project management and coordinating/driving release schedules
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or another technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
· This position is based in Arlington, VA/ Washington metro area (WMA)
· Fluency in sales process and common tools used to create sales business capabilities
· Demonstrated track record of success with strategic and operational matters
· Ability to lead teams across teams to develop new ideas and creative solutions for difficult, ambiguous and complex issues
· Demonstrable competencies in the areas of project management and change management
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management
· Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations
· Understands and has experience working FSI’s and DoD
· Project Management certifications
· Technical Certifications, ability to achieve AWS certifications
· Strong bias for action; willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals.
· MBA or other relevant advanced degree
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance at the TS/SCI.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.