Senior Technical Product Manager
How often have you had an opportunity to be an early member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge customer need through disruptive and innovative technology?
Our team, WW Consumer/Operations Finance is the finance team that supports WW Amazon Operations – one of the fastest growing, largest and most complex Supply Chains in the world.WW Consumer/Operations Finance is poised for a revolution. Historically, automation and technical infusion has taken a back-seat to important financial functions such as controllership, financial oversight, risk mitigation, and strong investment analysis. WW Consumer/Operations Finance is set to be the Chief Story Tellers, and along the way inject machine learning, BI, advanced analytics and technical tools – built to suit finance and business needs.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to help lead a flagship multi-year project to build a product that enables us to bring Allocations being done in our WW Consumer Finance businesses to the next level.
The Role: As a Sr. Product Manager (Technical), you will use a combination of outstanding leadership, thought clarity, analytical skills,
cross-functional partnership, business model analysis, and strategic thinking to innovate on behalf of our customers. You thrive on working
with cutting-edge technology, have a proven track record of owning and delivering world-class experiences to customers that raise-the-bar
from an innovation, usability, and design perspective. Lastly, you deliver results in an ambiguous, fast-paced, dynamic business environment
and are highly comfortable exercising fantastic judgment across a spectrum of highly diverse problems.
You will lead “pods” made of up process excellence black belts, financials analysts and technical program managers to map out
current allocations processes, data structures, inputs and formulas. You will then champion the customer voice and work with the science and tech teams to develop a centralized cloud based cost allocations management solution that will enable allocations owners to setup,
run, compare, and validate allocations to allocate factors at their preferred granularity using drivers relevant to their use case.
You will be also responsible for managing the onboarding of business allocations to our existing solutions in parallel as product is built.
This role is cross-functional, with data scientists, financial analysts, data engineers and various finance leaders.
Product Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of the product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Create consensus for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with software engineering, design, and business stakeholders to deliver features
- Manage delivery of current products concurrently with future product planning
- Actively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Strong attention to detail and end-to-end ownership
- Must be able to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
This position can be located in Arlington, Nashville, Santa Monica , Austin or Toronto.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· MBA Preferred
· Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills
· Ability to communicate and influence effectively across all levels
· Experience managing cloud services
· A passion for large scale, high customer impact ownership
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Track record of delivering results, ownership, and strong customer focus
· Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.