Senior Sales Manager - National Security & Intelligence Community
Would you like to lead the National Security and Intelligence Community (IC) business for a leader in the Cloud Computing business? Would you like to create business strategies and build your own team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services? Do you have the business savvy, government sales experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider? Can you be a sales manager AND a business leader within a high growth market?
As the IC Sales Leader, you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology. Your responsibilities will include building and managing a highly talented sales team focused on driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration in the IC. This includes developing overall business and go-to-market strategies, collaborating with the Commercial Sales, Legal, and Marketing, Contracts and Executive leadership to build drive revenue attainment.
The ideal candidate will possess a sales management background that enables them to lead a team of senior enterprise sale representatives with engagements at all levels of IC.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Hire and build out an enterprise sales team
· Assign sales territories, set goals and quota, and ensure proper training programs for the sales team.
· Manage and coach the sales team to optimal performance.
· Drive revenue and market share in a defined region
· Accelerate customer adoption and customer satisfaction
· Maintain a robust sales pipeline
· Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
· Manage contract negotiations
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
· Travel as required by the mission
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
· 10+ years of technology related sales or business development experience
· 5+ years of sales management experience
· 5+ years of experience across Intelligence Community including DoD IC elements
· BA/BS degree
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance at the TS/SCI level with Polygraph
· Direct field & management experience in working with enterprise accounts
· Strong leadership skills
· A technical background in engineering, computer science, or Management Information Systems
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Extensive customer network
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.