Sr. Program Manager, Recruiting Engine Process & Strategy
In this role, you will be the primary owner of programs and communications for stakeholders across the recruiting organization. You will be a strong recruiter and candidate advocate with a proven ability to run complex programs from inception through completion, develop and support relationships, drive results, and demonstrate proficiency with recruiting, business, and technology.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop ongoing programs for recruiting leadership to have awareness, provide advice on, and monitor adoption of recruiting strategies and change initiatives.
- Oversee and provide performance metrics for Recruiting Engine programs to ensure delivery expectations and quality levels are met.
- Drive a cadence of regular business reviews and updates to keep recruiting leaders aware of significant programs and initiatives.
- Lead projects ranging from continuous improvement, standard work, integrations, strategy development, and reporting.
- Proactively identify solutions to meet business objectives, taking into account the implications of change on the organization and all stakeholders.
- Facilitate central communications from Recruiting Engine throughout the recruiting organization.
- Develop concise communications aimed at candidates, recruiters, and hiring managers.
A day in the life
In this role, you will own the day-to-day communications with recruiting leadership, recruiters, and technologists for program updates and cross-organizational change management. You will develop change initiatives and drive consensus and outcomes across multiple lines of business. You will own programs focused on improving how recruiters perform their job through improved processes and changes in technology.
About the team
The Recruiting Engine Team is reinventing how we recruit at Amazon. Recruiting the right candidates across all of Amazon is critical to our ability to innovate and build on behalf of customers. As the search for talent becomes more competitive, we are bringing together recruiting, science, tech, programs, and process teams to find and hire candidates who raise the bar more quickly and efficiently.
· 5+ years of experience in program or project management
· Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
· Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Advanced degree/Master’s degree in Business, Engineering or Science from an accredited university
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate business problems and solutions to senior leaders.
- Advanced project management skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and doing whatever it takes to deliver reliable results.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast paced environment – figuring it out and adapting as you go.
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes.
- Highly polished communication skills; comfortable presenting to leadership.
- Leadership in issue resolution in a deadline driven environment.
- A passion for invention, experimentation, and learning.
- Quick self-started learner with a desire to deep dive and leverage data.
- A strong track record of sustained and continuously improving operational excellence.
- Comfort/experience communicating and influencing across job levels with both internal and external partners.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.