Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Private Brands - HQ2, Nashville, Austin, SoCal
Do you want to be part of the Amazon Grocery history? Do you want to be in the intersection of innovation with our Omni-channel expansion, Private Brands, and Just Walk Out technology? Do you like start-up builder orgs and drive scale? Then this is the place for you!
What is the role? The Grocery Private Brands team is seeking a customer obsessed Sr. Product Marketing Manager to manage trial strategy specifically focused on customer interaction with our products (i.e. sampling, demonstrations, product giveaways, experiential marketing). This role supports strategy and tactical execution for three of our fastest growing brands. We are starting with a clean slate, so this role will build the strategy, own the invention and analyze the performance to continuously improve. You will innovate on behalf of the customer, dive deep into what works and what doesn't, and have a strong bias for action to drive trial of our brand and provide value to our customers.
Among your responsibilities will be:
· You will aggregate and analyze inputs from multiple sources to formulate the trial driving strategy.
· You will develop, execute and steward product marketing initiatives with clear objectives, priorities, measurement and deliverables.
· You will understand, measure and evaluate how your initiatives impact customer experience (e.g., awareness/ consideration, revenue, product/feature adoption/onboarding, customer journeys, message clarity, lead generation, reduce pain point/friction, brand perception/ affinity, etc.) and business outcomes (e.g., sales, usage, customer acquisition/retention, lead generation, etc.).
· You will identify gaps between teams, processes, and plans. You negotiate resources, influence partner team roadmaps and investment priorities.
· You will anticipate risks (e.g., strategy or approach not sufficiently understood/documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, insufficient stakeholder review, etc.); prevent/ remove blockers; and recommend and/or build contingency plans.
Who are we seeking? This is a great role for someone who is passionate about working on consumer-facing products, thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and is experienced in taking ideas from concept to launch. Experience with sampling and product giveaways is helpful, but not required. This is a new business so the right candidate can work independently and will want to roll up their sleeves and will be comfortable working across functions and organizational boundaries.
Curious about our org? We are the Grocery Private Brands team developing high quality and great value brands such as Fresh and highly differentiated products such as Aplenty. We launched our first grocery physical store one year ago and now have 18 stores open in four markets. We recently launched the first full size omni-channel grocery store with Just Walk Out Technology. You can learn more about Amazon Fresh Hybrid Stores here. Our team also serves the Fresh delivery team (F3), which has presence nationwide in key major cities. Our role is to develop the Grocery Private Brands for Fresh stores and Fresh Delivery. We are in our early days of the business and there is no playbook! We are seeking individuals that have a start-up mentality to enable the team to scale, connect the dots, look around corners, and continuously search for data-driven solutions to improve the product.
· Bachelor’s degree
· A background (4+ years) in product, program or project management, financial analysis and/or process engineering
· Proficient in Excel
· Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
· Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office tools such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel and collaboration tools such as SharePoint, Quip, and OneNote
· Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices and identify what truly matters
· Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
· Experience in sampling or in store product demonstrations and giveaways
· Experience with project delivery for large, cross functional projects
· Experience in product marketing or physical retail
· Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an exceptional attention to detail
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us