Sr. Product Manager, Reviews Abuse Prevention
The Community Trust team owns upholding trust in Amazon's Community features and solving abuse detection at scale. These include iconic Amazon features like Reviews, Questions & Answers, and other experiences where shoppers contribute content. This is a strategic area of investment for Amazon and the work we do is of paramount importance in preserving the trust customers have in the Amazon brand. You will own preserving customer trust in these high visibility features worldwide.
We are looking for an analytical person with strong quantitative skills who can execute large scale projects while still being fun to work with. If you want to work with us to lead transformative initiatives to uphold trust in the Amazon brand, apply to join our team!
Our environment is fast-paced and highly ambiguous. It requires a candidate who is flexible, detail-oriented, has high judgement, and can drive results across cross-functional groups. Our larger team includes engineers, program managers, data scientists and investigators. This person needs to demonstrate the ability to dive deep in understanding the business, metrics, and analyses. We are looking for a proven leader with the ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get results with exceptional attention to detail while also operating strategically and interacting effectively with senior management.
***Candidate must be willing to work some evening hours regularly to accommodate meetings with Pacific Time Zone. May start work later in the morning or take afternoon break in exchange.***
Your responsibilities will include:
· Envision and execute initiatives that will prevent abuse that harms Amazon's customers and enhance the customer experience.
· Lead large-scale projects, working cross-functionally with other Amazon teams and ensuring on-time delivery.
· Conduct quantitative analysis, explaining metrics and trends that drive the business and using that to inform your strategic decisions.
· Continually optimize the business, manage prioritization and trade-offs, and evangelize your initiatives across the organization.
· Deliver end-to-end product and process improvements to ensure products are operationally sound and scalable.
· Communicate the performance of the business to senior management
· Bachelor's degree
· 3+ years of business experience in a technology-focused industry
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; bias toward making data-based decision and comfortable with conducting analyses
· Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management; excellent interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of SQL or willingness to learn
· Willing to work some time shifted hours to the evening to accommodate meetings with Pacific Time Zone
· MBA or Master’s Degree
· Prior experience managing complex programs with high operational / logistical complexity and working with multiple stakeholders
· Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments
· History of developing execution strategy in conjunction with senior leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.