Senior Manager, Global Corporate Procurement, Self-Service Sourcing
Amazon is seeking a Sr. Manager to lead a new global program within the Global Corporate Procurement (GCP) Strategic Sourcing team. The role can be based in Arlington (VA), New York (NY), Austin (TX), Los Angeles (CA), or Seattle (WA).
At Amazon, our vision is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our passion for invention leads us to pioneer and globalize new businesses and customer offerings daily. As we rapidly become the world’s largest consumer of corporate services in many categories, the Global Corporate Procurement team is fueling our explosive growth by identifying innovative sourcing strategies and leveraging technology to service Amazon’s sourcing requirements across our many diverse global businesses.
The Sr. Manager, Global Corporate Procurement, Self-Service Sourcing is a senior leadership role within Amazon’s GCP organization. This role will design, build (in partnership with an in-house technology team), and launch an innovative sourcing tool and program to translate business partner inputs into automatically generated bid lists, RFx documents, and weighted selection matrices, facilitate proposal evaluation and scoring, generate award recommendations, and deliver tailored guidance on contract execution requirements. This role leads a global team of Global Category Managers (GCMs) based out of AMER, EMEA, and APAC who will drive adoption of the self-service sourcing program globally and support business owners with the development and execution of sourcing and negotiation strategies.
The Sr. Manager, Global Corporate Procurement, Self-Service Sourcing is an expert practitioner in the tools for creating competitive environments, and has a strong bias for decision-making rooted in data and analytics. They are responsible for establishing the team structure, vision, and strategy to achieve organizational goals. Key required leadership traits include the ability to influence and form strong partnerships with business leaders, operational excellence in managing multiple complex and competing priorities simultaneously, and the ability to support the growth and development of a senior team of direct reports. The successful candidate will be adept at earning trust with organizational leaders and business partners, passionate about technology and process improvement, and acutely focused on customer experience. They must work well in a fast-paced and often ambiguous arena, and will be rewarded by working alongside highly collaborative and entrepreneurial colleagues in an environment that feels much more “startup” than “big company”. If you are looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company, come make history with Amazon’s Global Corporate Procurement organization.
- Serve as GCP’s leader for the new global self-service sourcing program, including managing a globally distributed team of direct reports.
- Design the program and technology vision for the self-service sourcing program.
- Own the design, build, and launch of the self-service sourcing tool. This includes establishing business requirements to deliver a bar-raising customer experience (CX), partnering with internal technology teams to deliver against those requirements, and managing the product/feature roadmap.
- Own achievement of global goals for spend under management (SUM) and savings, including establishing the strategy/vision to rapidly accelerate SUM and savings growth over the next three years.
- Establish effective mechanisms to drive team performance against goals.
- Build strong relationships with internal business stakeholders; build a strong understanding of strategic business direction, requirements and priorities across suppliers and/or spend categories.
- Manage team execution of the fundamentals of sourcing and supplier engagement activities including RFx, spend pattern analysis, contract analysis, bid evaluation, negotiations, and supplier consolidation.
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement strategies; maintain procurement ethics in accordance with Amazon’s global policies.
- 10+ years of relevant strategic sourcing experience, including experience in an indirect procurement function at a multinational corporation with global contracts.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of direct reports.
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements.
- Experience designing, launching, and managing procurement-focused tools and processes on a global scale.
- Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Strong negotiator with proven experience in setting negotiation strategies and conducting negotiations.
- Strong experience assessing risk and concisely explaining complex issues to principal business owners.
- Extremely customer-focused and takes the time to understand the needs of the business.
- Experience working in a large, global, highly matrixed organization.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly synthesize, distill and draw conclusions on large amounts of disparate data.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Passionate self-starter with the highest integrity and ethics.
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or multiple competing priorities.
- Master’s degree (MS/MBA) preferred.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us