Rare is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join its Blended Finance Team working from its headquarters in Arlington, VA.
Rare's Blended Finance Team is developing a pathway to finance community-led conservation at scale by blending philanthropy, public funding, bilateral/multilateral finance and private capital. This position will be a key addition to a growing team. S/he will help provide the financial analysis, models and research to help design and scale blended finance solutions in countries that Rare operates in.
The ideal candidate is dynamic, resourceful, detail-oriented and high-energy, with the ability to produce high quality outputs and problem solve under high pressure environments. S/he is creative, analytical and well organized, and a strong communicator.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create financial models in support of blended finance products, that aim to mobilize private and public sector capital.
- Provide support on all the blended finance Initiative's investment and advisory operations, including problem solving on complex issues of implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Produce accurate and timely reports, projections, lessons learned, case studies, and examples.
- Identify and analyze blended finance products and green bonds issuances, through research; networking; rigorous monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Coordinate the research and development of key reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of an internal ESG criteria and green bonds methodology.
- Keep abreast of multilateral development banks and relevant financial institutions use of blended finance resources.
- Contribute to the development of the technical design for proposals. Support the process of preparation, design, submission and approval of project concepts and full-fledged proposals.
- Manages project plans; facilitates agreement with project participants regarding assignments; and ensures completion of work within agreed upon timeline.
Experience & Education:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant finance experience, preferably in a development bank, an international bank, or at a large non-profit organization.
- Strong finance background and financial modeling skills, especially fixed income products.
- Advanced technology skills, including Excel and other modeling and statistical packages
- Understanding and interest in ESG and green finance issues.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex information in a user-friendly way, including outstanding skills in writing, editing and presenting.
- Creative and entrepreneurial streak with proven ability to find new solutions and influence the thinking of others.
- Ability to travel internationally at least 20% of the time.
- Demonstrated project finance and financial structuring experience in emerging market is a plus
- Experience in structuring and/or issuance of bonds, letters of credit, swaps and currency hedges would be an advantage.
- A genuine passion for delivering significant social and environmental impact.
- Prior experience in an international, multi-cultural work environment is essential, with willingness to work flexible hours on an as-needed basis to serve the needs of a global organization with diverse time zones.
- Understanding of natural capital and ecosystem services valuation preferred.BS/BA required; MBA or relevant Master's degree preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in other languages is a plus, especially Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese or Bahasa Indonesia