Senior Account Executive , Federal Financials
Would you like to own driving revenue and customer engagements for a leader in the Cloud Computing business? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with Financial Services organizations who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting cloud computing? Do you have the business savvy, sales experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider? As an account executive within Amazon Web Services (AWS), focusing on the Housing and Mortgage Business withing the US Worldwide Public Sector Federal Financial Market, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon Compute, Storage, Database, Machine Learning services, etc). Your broad responsibilities will include developing and managing a growing book of business for finance organizations. You will drive business and technical relationships and close business at a rapid rate by helping to define and identify key opportunities, markets, contract vehicles and solutions. You will establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer’s mission and the environment. You will have day-to-day interactions with the CXO level customers in the top strategic customer accounts. You will help your customers use AWS services to enable business transformation across their organization, as well as the broader financial services industries that they regulate.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the executive level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects at a high level. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Housing and Mortgage Industry Sales Team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy – contribute to strategies, program development, investments, channel development and other important efforts to make AWS the best fit for our customers’ needs.
- Identify, engage WWPS Federal Financials accounts, using a solution selling approach.
- Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and commit to a forecast of specific business opportunities within a time period. Perform the full range of sales activities from demand generation campaigns to pipeline management by engaging with customers, AWS internal resources (Professional Services, Solution architects, AWS service teams, etc.), and AWS partners.
- Understand and exploit the use of Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Be a thought leader and an executive relationship builder.
- Set a strategic sales plan for your target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Work closely with the customer to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required, and documenting wins in use cases and case studies.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group, while handling a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Leverage your knowledge of cloud computing, virtualization strategies and major vendors, hosting/data center and data storage technologies (structured and unstructured data) to assist customers in moving forward with winning web services strategies and solutions.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
In compliance with the U.S. government requirement that employees of its contractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine if those employees work on or in connection with U.S. government contracts, this position may require that the candidate selected be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A person is considered fully vaccinated by completing the full regimen of the COVID-19 vaccine (two doses for Pfizer or Moderna and one dose for Johnson & Johnson).
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in the financial services industry and or US federal government industry
- Minimum of 5+ years in enterprise technology sales and/or management consulting
- Financial analytical experience
- Experience selling and delivering consulting / professional services
- Demonstrated track record for exceeding quota over a 4 year period
- Bachelors degree
- 10+ years experience in the financial services industry and or US federal government industry
- 10+ years in enterprise technology sales and/or management consulting - Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- MBA and/or Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired.
- Experience working in the capital markets industry is highly desired (such as working with stock exchanges and/or broker dealers)
- 6+ years of enterprise sales, as well as partner/business development, and/or program/product management experience with a focus on the Federal Financials and/or Capital Markets segments
- Ability to multi-task and work many sales opportunities simultaneously
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.