Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The Patient Care Representative schedules, meets, greets, and registers patients in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner. Answers and routes telephone calls and messages. Coordinates insurance verifications and preauthorizations. Takes payments and completes daily batching. Maintains medical records and prepares charts for clinic sessions. Provides assistance as needed to physicians, Practice Administrator, and clinical staff.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
Title: SBO Telephone Representative
Location: Business Office
- Ensure patient's questions and complaints are answered in a timely and courteous manner.
- Must be assertive, tactful and efficient, with good communication skills. Must be detailed oriented and possess basic computer skills. Must have a minimum of one year's experience in a business office environment
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is the only Hospital in the mid-Atlantic region that is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations).
- Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70 years.
- VHC is a top Hospital in the region that was named a Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services Four-Star Hospital, and is also designated as a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- In 2017, VHC earned the Distinguished Hospital Clinical Excellence Award and the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
- VHC is recognized in Becker's Healthcare “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare | 2018.“
- VHC is a 394-bed, licensed, all-private room Hospital
- Arlington is home to the Pentagon and the Arlington National Cemetery.
- Fairfax and Arlington Counties continues to attract families who enjoy living near D.C. but desire a suburban lifestyle.
- Fairfax County has some of the highest ranking schools in the nation according to U.S. News and World Reports.
- Arlington County also offers outstanding schools - about 91 percent of all graduating high school seniors in Arlington go on to attend college.
- Northern Virginia has many recreational and community amenities including: over 89 miles of biking/jogging trails, 167 public parks, approximately 14 community centers, 7 live stage theaters, 8 libraries, and 652 restaurants.
- Whether you choose to live in Arlington County, Fairfax County, or in any of the other great areas in the DC area, you will have little problem in finding a location that is right for you.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining us in a highly collegial environment where the patient is at the center of what we do.
HOW TO APPLY?
Complete the online application Completethe electronic talent assessment (multiple-choice questionnaire)
In order for your application to be valid, the electronic talent assessment must be completed and submitted. Applicants who only complete the application without the talent assessment won't be considered
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience: Must be assertive, tactful and efficient, with good communication skills. Must be detailed oriented and possess basic computer skills. Must have a minimum of one year's experience in a business office environment.