Program Manager: Deal Management, Procurement Acceleration Center of Excellence (PACE)
Would you like to join a global team that influences cloud computing adoption in the Public Sector?
The AWS Business Development/Capture team is seeking a Program Manager who will champion new tools and processes by engaging with a broad set of cross-functional stakeholders to deliver results at the highest standard. As a Program Manager on the Business Development/Capture team, you will deliver programs that shape the processes responsible for the implementation of capture strategies, partner strategies, proposal approaches and technical solutions for proposals for RFI/RFQ/RFP/BAA (i.e., RFx).
You should be comfortable operating in start-up mode, not afraid to solicit support and maneuver between different roles, such as product manager, low/no-code developer, business analyst, trainer, and marketer. In short, you work smart to get things done.
You should possess experience that enables you to dissect business processes, devise effective solutions, with the ability to communicate effectively with public sector and commercial technical leaders, and business leaders. You will demonstrate the ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
Your broad responsibilities will include driving continuous process improvements, gathering business requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions, developing business process solutions using low/no-code tools, establishing reporting mechanisms, and identifying business metrics, to include managing the development of dashboards and visualizations. This role will work with a number of internal stakeholders, including Capture/Business Development, Proposal Managers, Technical Writers, Account Managers, Partner Managers, Sales Enablement, Training and Certification, and global AWS Senior Leadership to close strategic business at a rapid rate.
- Strong project management skills and experience, including managing internal stakeholders and multiple projects at once
- Possess a strategic approach to problems solving; able to anticipate potential issues
- Technical aptitude to be able to quickly learn new technologies (e.g., familiar with low/no code tools) and implement blended learning solutions
- Experience creating metrics to measure communication effectiveness, reach and engagement
- Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the team and customers
- Experience as a Technical Program Manager
- Experience developing solutions using low/no code software tools
- Experience building dynamic reports with data modelling (Amazon QuickSight, Microsoft Power BI, or equivalent)
- MBA or equivalent degree
- Excellent communication and writing skills, and be both technical and analytical
- Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
- Must have a good understanding of government procurement and government contract vehicles
- Must have the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Acts in accordance with vision, mission, and established goals
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.