Program Assistant III
Position Objective:Provides principal administrative support in an office, sometimes to one individual but in most cases to the entire office or program division.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a close and highly responsive relationship to the day-to-day activities of the office supervisor and staff.
- Handles differing situations, problems, and deviations in the work of the office according to the office supervisor's general instructions, priorities, duties, policies, and program goals.
- Work fairly independently receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance.
- Perform various clerical and secretarial duties requiring knowledge of office routine and an understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures related to the work of the office.
- Carry out recurring office procedures independently, and selects the guideline or reference that fits the specific case.
- Receive specific instructions on new assignments and ensure completed work is checked for accuracy.
- Screen telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence; personally respond to requests for information concerning office procedures; determine which requests should be handled by the office supervisor, appropriate staff member or other offices, prepare and sign routine non-technical correspondence in own or supervisor's name
- Control mail and assure timely staff response, and send form letter
- Maintain recurring internal reports such as time and leave records, office equipment listings, correspondence controls, and training plans.
- Schedule tentative appointments without prior clearance. Make arrangements for conferences and meetings and assemble established background materials as directed.
- May attend meetings and record and report on the proceedings;
- Review materials prepared for supervisors approval for typographical accuracy and proper format.
- Review outgoing materials and correspondence for internal consistency and conformance with supervisor's procedures; assure that proper clearances have been obtained, when needed
- Collect information from the files or staff for routine inquiries on office program(s) or periodic reports, and refer non-routine requests to supervisor or staff.
- Explain to subordinate staff office supervisor's requirements concerning office procedures, coordinate personnel and administrative forms for the office and forwards for processing.
- Maintain requisition supplies, printing, maintenance or other services.
- Type, take and transcribe dictation, create and maintain office files.
- Reserve and prepare classrooms: organizing training materials (including duplication and/or photocopies, preparing name tents, door signs, etc.), submitting service requests, and assisting in basic logistical arrangements, running reports, and providing general administrative support to students, instructors, and guest speakers.
- May receive assistance in the performance of special assignments.
- High School Diploma.
- Two years of experience in a related field
- Secret Clearance
- Bachelors degree highly preferred
- Three years of experience in a related field preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Work experience in an educational or training institute, highly desired
- Skills or experience relevant to the particular training division, preferred
- Superior organization skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to follow technical direction as delivered by the government technical monitor and/or government staff members
- Ability to interact effectively in a multicultural setting
- Ability to manipulate information in existing databases
- Familiar with or the ability to learn survey research software, databases and reference materials to collect information
- Ability to present yourself professionally in a government environment and to inspire confidence with those with whom you have contact
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GAP Solutions provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job us firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
GAP Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.