Principal, Privacy Assessment Leader
Are you a leader in Data Privacy seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top information security and privacy talent get you charged up? If so, this is the opportunity for you.
As a Principal, Privacy Assessment Leader, you will be responsible for building high-performance, globally scalable, risk assessment/audit program for Amazon's global privacy teams and presenting regularly to Senior Management. Additionally, you will partner with business leaders to identify trends and strategies that help mitigate privacy risks organization-wide. This role is inherently cross-functional and requires a strong ability to influence others - you will work closely with teams across the company, including Legal, Privacy, and Audit.
We are looking for a critical thinker who is also technically adept and thrives on solving challenges in partnership with teams across Amazon.
Key Tasks Include:
· Design, implement, and/or influence internal privacy assessment program (includes reporting, issue management, policy/standard review, risk identification, risk assessments, and risk monitoring).
· Partner with internal audit functions to help ensure proper execution of established frameworks, policies, standards, strategies such as risk appetite and risk and assessments
· Comprehensively assess risks and gather insights from issues and events across relevant business areas to provide an aggregated risk assessment.
· Develop relationships with Amazon's global privacy teams through formal and in-formal mechanisms
· Develop and provide training to Internal Audit team members on emerging Privacy Laws and regulations.
The ideal person for this role will possess:
· Ability to explain and articulate technical concepts using both technical and non-technical language
· Critical thinking and analytical skills
· Ability to work collaboratively by building consensus and influencing decision making to foster forward progress with projects and initiatives
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills, coupled with ability to be versatile and flexible
· Sound business judgment and the ability to work successfully with all levels of management
· Excellent grammar and style skills; ability to adapt writing style for different audiences and media
Location flexibility available, open to considering candidates in the NJ/NY, San Francisco, and Austin areas to work out of our local corporate offices.
· 8+ years of experience supporting large scale privacy programs or performing privacy risk assessments
· 5+ years of experience in program management
· 5+ years of relevant industry experience including information assurance, data privacy and compliance in regulated industries.
· Experience implementing privacy frameworks, privacy principles and compliance requirements (e.g. privacy by design, user data protection, COPPA, GDPR, CCPA)
· Proven track-record building Privacy Programs
· Ability to establish and maintain a culture of risk management and compliance while delivering a world class customer experience.
· Track record of driving big/real improvements (either with own resources or through influencing others).
· Proficiency in Excel, SQL & Tableau.
· Relevant certifications (CIPP, CRISC, PMP).
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with working and influencing stakeholders across various departments
· Exhibits excellent judgment and has relentlessly high standards
· Proven ability to take ownership, self-motivate, and deliver results in ambiguous environments.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.