Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Formulates architectural design, functional specifications, interfaces and documentation of hardware or software systems considering system interrelationships, operating modes and software or equipment configurations within Microsoft Exchange. Research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. May design embedded systems software. Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
Provide technical solutions to complex integration problems associated with business solutions built using Microsoft Lync Server 2010/2013 or Skype for Business.
Plan/Design/Implement/Maintain with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Certificate Authority, IIS.
Plan/Design/Implement/Maintain with OCS 2007 R2, 2010, 2013. Install, configure, and maintain an organization's local area network (LAN), data communications network, operating systems, and physical and virtual servers.
Perform System monitoring and verify the integrity and availability of hardware, network, and server resources and systems. Review System and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs, including system backups. Analyze network and server resource consumption and control user access. Install and upgrade software and maintain software licenses.
May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. Ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. Responds to computer security breaches and viruses.
MS/MA degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related IT discipline.
- Ten (10) years of experience in a client-server environment.
- Five (5) years of experience in server systems administration and analysis.
- Experience working with appropriate complex systems administration, database administration, or data center maintenance.
- Experience working with complex system implementations and organizational processes to include maintaining system documentation.
- Experience maintaining the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Experience evaluating vendor products, and making recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinating installation and providing backup recovery. Demonstrated experience to developing and monitoring policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Experience in developing and implementing testing strategies and documenting results.
- Certified as: MCSA – Microsoft Certified System Administrator or VCP – VMware Certified Professional.
- IAT Level II baseline certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, (or achieve within six months of TOA of hiring)
Security Clearance: Secret clearance required at time of hire based upon a SSBI or SSBI-PR completed within the past five years.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.