Mid-Level Planner (FEMA) - Washington, D.C.
ABS Group of Companies, Inc., through its operating subsidiaries, provides data-driven risk and reliability solutions to clients worldwide that support operational and business performance and compliance with international standards. Our range of technical services helps clients confirm the safety, integrity, quality, and environmental efficiency of critical assets and operations. Headquartered in Houston, TX, ABS Group operates with more than 1,300 professionals in over 30 countries serving the industrial manufacturing, oil, gas and chemical, marine, offshore, and government sectors. ABS Group is a subsidiary of ABS, a leading marine and offshore classification society.
ABS Group is looking for a Mid-Level Planner in Washington, D.C., to support the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). You must be located in the Washington, D.C. Metro area, and we will not pay for relocation.
Update and revise the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Region X Regional All Hazards Plan (RAHP), and Regional Interagency Operations Plan (RIOP) Response, develop the Recovery All Hazards Plan, and align it with the other nine RAHPs as well as the applicable national planning guidance (e.g. FIOPs). RAHP alignment will be realized in the format and content of both the plan and the execution tools through a phase approach using the six-step planning process, detailed in the FEMA Operational Planning Manual (FOPM).
- Member of a planning team that executes the FEMA six-step planning process to develop deliberate plans that describe and detail a federal concept of operations to respond to and recover from catastrophic disasters.
- Team action planner for the close coordination between staff and stakeholders to maintain collaborative team member contact information, track tasks/actions, and coordinate preparation, execution, and after-action notes for collaborative sessions (leader meetings, work groups, updates).
- Conducts research and analysis to support deliverables preparation.
- Assists with and facilitates work groups throughout the project.
- Assists with plan refinement, tabletop exercise implementation, and plan socialization.
- Four (4) years of emergency management experience.
- Documented understanding of the FEMA six-step planning process, emergency management exercise programs, and principles.
- Documented understanding of emergency management response and recovery programs and FEMA’s role in coordinating the Federal assistance to support state and local partners.
- Successful completion of Incident Command System (ICS) and National Incident Management System (NIMS) courses (such as through FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute classroom and/or on-line training programs) and recognized training and/or education in business, urban, military, and emergency management planning.
- County-level or higher emergency management experience preferred.
- Supply chain expertise, in the emergency management space.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree.
ABS Group is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws.
ABS Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled).