This position is CONTINGENT upon contract award. Our recruiting team will follow up with you on your application. Our hiring team will not start the interview evaluation process until award.
Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. May ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. May respond to computer security breaches and viruses.
JOURNEYMAN: Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
Typical duties include:
Assist the government in using open source data from both freely available and/or vendor supplied data feeds to provide actional report to the customer to identify cyber posture weaknesses, such as credential leaks, domain masquerading, and organization IPs/domains that may in some way be associated with a malware attack chain or enhanced state of susceptibility to exploitation by nefarious actors.
- Entry to mid-level personnel supporting P&E shall at a minimum provide support to and/or perform the following:
- Develop API integrations with multiple big data sources;
- Development, deployment, and implementation of backend database of normalized findings;
- Collaborate with in-house development team of the branch;
- Ad-hoc querying of public source data repositories such as Shodan; and
- Support P&E in strategy for future capabilities“
- Bachelor's Degree
- One or more of the following preferred: CISSP, CEH, GWAPT, Security
The general skills required to perform P&E entry to mid-level personnel tasks include:
- 3-5 years experience
- Mid to High level development skillset including Python;
- Ability to write scripts that pull from APIs;
- Analytic experience in reviewing data, pulling relevant data out of large data feeds, and providing basic analysis of results of findings; and
- Experience with creating and deploying a database
- The preferred general operational experience to perform P&E entry to mid-level personnel tasks include:
- Entry to mid-level developer with hands-on experience working with APIs and pulling data into a database;
- Understanding of best practice for querying data sets to get quality findings with a high level of confidence in the results; and
- Understanding of PowerShell scripting is an optional but desired capability
Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
May require operating motor vehicles.
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions
Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels.
Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on clientâs standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.