Founded in 1978, The Container Store is the nation's original and leading retailer of storage and organization products, offering innovative and multifunctional solutions designed to simplify customers' lives, save space and, ultimately, save time. The Container Store has locations from coast to coast and a thriving online business.
What We Stand For What you do matters. Experience The Container Store's employee-first culture where you are appreciated, valued, and empowered to work together for a higher purpose. We create exceptional customer service experiences while fulfilling our customer's storage and organization needs. Living out our 7 Foundation Principles has landed us on FORTUNE magazine's list of 'Best Companies to Work for' year after year.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Truck Processing Team supports the intake and merchandising of our store product. If you would like to get familiar with three of our Virgina stores while beating rush hour traffic in the early morning hours this role is for you!
Scheduling for this role is Mondays and Wednesdays at our Tysons location, Tuesdays and Fridays at our Arlington location, and Thursdays at our Reston location with shifts starting 6am. The ideal candidate should be available for a minimum of three shifts per week.
This team is responsible for getting the merchandise perfectly presented on the shelves, including cleaning and making sure each item has a sign. This is a very physical job that requires bending, lifting, climbing ladders, and using pallet jacks and box knives. If you are looking for a great workout, this job will do it!
In merchandising, you are…
- Organizing and ensuring we have a well-merchandised store.
- Presenting products, unloading trucks, lifting boxes, climbing ladders and cleaning the store.
- Working with a great team, surrounded by lively music, resulting in a huge sense of accomplishment.
Additional responsibilities include inventory, signage, props, samples, cleaning and every merchandising detail that sets The Container Store apart from other retailers.
The Benefits of Working Here
Our benefits exemplify our commitment to an employee-first culture, ensuring employees and their families are well taken care of, safe and secure. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Discount: 50% on Elfa, 40% on Merchandise and Gift Cards, 30% on Installation
- Ongoing training
- 401(k) plan and discretionary match
- Employee First Fund: providing grants to employees experiencing unforeseen emergencies
What You Bring To Us
- You love to engage with people. You're the person who strikes up a conversation and makes a connection.
- You are passionate about connecting with customers and your team to provide clear, concise, compassionate communication.
- People say you have a heart for service. You love to sell. For you, it's about learning what a customer truly needs and offering suggestions.
- You are always learning! You are eager to learn how technology and selling work together to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- You take pride in your work. It's your store!
- You love checklists. You like to stay busy, balance priorities and utilize your organizational skills.
- You understand retail is an ever-changing industry and remain flexible with your schedule.
- You want to delight the people around you and can't wait to share that at The Container Store!
The Container Store promotes a smoke-free, drug-free environment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and comply with the
Americans with Disabilities Act
Stores Physical Requirements
State Specific Notices