Management Analyst - Partial Telework
Arlington, VA 20301
Security Clearance Requirement: Current Secret
E-volve Technology Systems, Inc. is hiring a Management Analyst to work in support of a Washington Headquarters Services (WHS) program. Work will be performed on-site at the Pentagon, and some situational telework may be permitted.
The Management Analyst will provide support services for the Defense Business Board (DBB) including technical, administrative, and professional services.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide dedicated research support to DBB Task Groups, as well as other research and analysis tasks including:
- Support completion of Task Order Request (ToR) matrix and research activities.
- Conduct research of private sector best business practices and literature.
- Conduct research of government literature to the ToR requirements.
- Attend meetings and interviews to understand context for research questions.
- Using the ToR questions, create a matrix of answers from interviews and the literature review, noting different points of view.
- Conduct analysis to determine if there is consensus and document accordingly.
- Serve as a liaison to the Pentagon library and leverage their staff for DBB research needs as necessary.
- Create and document repeatable research processes to keep DBB staff and members abreast of relevant Congressional testimony, news articles, and/or events that may be important or of interest.
- Lead adoption and teach staff new research methods, including ADVANA, the Departments executive analytics data platform.
- Curate weekly/bi-weekly all DBB reads that include relevant news articles and DoD related legislative updates for Designated Federal Officer approval to all members and staff.
- Create reports and study slides including:
- Prepare study papers and PowerPoint slides for review.
- Edit all DBB study documents to ensure they meet DoD standards, are well researched, properly sourced with factual data, clearly written, correctly formatted per DBB guidelines, and grammatically correct.
- Create literature reviews/bibliographies in support of DBB studies for inclusion as appendices.
- Provide Board meeting support including:
- Create slides/documents in accordance with DBB standard for each quarterly meeting based on input from DBB staff and speakers.
- Ensure all DBB board meeting slides are well researched, properly sourced with factual data, clearly written, correctly formatted per DBB guidelines, and grammatically correct.
- Compile Board Member meeting binders and update contact lists.
- Assist DBB staff with board meeting and other event planning as needed.
- Document after action notes and minutes for each DBB quarterly meeting.
- Provide administrative back up and general office support including assist with administrative operations of the DBB to ensure they are met in a timely, orderly, and efficient manner. Administrative operations include but limited to:
- Event/meeting scheduling
- Event logistics
- Office supply procurement
- Phone answering and message taking
- Document faxing
- Mail and document delivery and retrieval
- Package coordination with FEDEX
- Document photocopying and scanning
- Calendar updates
- DBB website update coordination
- Provide new Military Representatives an overview of how DBB studies are run focusing on effective, efficient task group procedures, including research methods and conduct of study.
- Attend daily staff meetings
- Assist Board staff with any other task necessary.
- Provide record compliance and other record lifecycle material applicable to existing Federal record policy and legislation, in accordance with the DoD Administrative Instruction 15 and other federal record requirements such as DoD, General Services Administration (GSA) and National Archives and Records Administration (NARA).
Education and qualifications include:
- U.S. citizenship
- Prior experience providing administrative support and management analyst program support in a DoD environment
- Prior experience supporting Defense Business Board is a plus
- Proficiency working across the MS Office Suite including creating PowerPoint slide presentations
- Experience with graphics tools/software and desktop publishing
- Strong English grammar and writing skills for developing, reviewing, and editing documents
- Experience conducting research, documenting research methods, and training others on research processes
- Experience with records management
- Experience attending meetings and providing meeting support and preparation
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to excel in a blended government and contractor environment
- Current Secret Security Clearance
- Ability to work on-site at the Pentagon
E-volve Technology Systems provides Mission Operations, Information Technology Management, and Intelligence Analysis support services to advance National Security and other Federal Government programs within the Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence, and Civilian government agencies. For more information please visit us at www.e-volvetechsystems.com.
E-volve Technology Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.