Head of AWS WW Commercial Sales ID&E
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Our success depends on building an inclusive environment that values talented individuals from all backgrounds. If you're passionate about building diverse teams and fostering equity and inclusion, this is your chance to make a difference. We are seeking an influential, highly motivated and organized Inclusion, Diversity and Equity (ID&E) leader to drive the ID&E strategies across the AWS Worldwide Commercial Sales business. This role reports into the ID&E Director for Sales and Marketing.
Supporting the VP of the AWS WW Commercial Sales business you will be responsible for managing and driving the organization-wide strategies that are currently in flight in order to build diversity, equity and create an inclusive environment that supports a global employee base. In this role, you will lead and partner with WWCS ID&E Business Partners that support the global WWCS business. You will partner with recruiting, HR and managers to engage people of all backgrounds on ID&E programs. You will leverage data as well as anecdotal evidence to define and evaluate the success of program elements, and operationalize the strategies by providing monthly/quarterly ID&E business reviews. You will collaborate across the AWS global ID&E organization to align what we do in our org with other programs and efforts. This role requires the ability to influence leaders and team members across the globe, requiring that you are a collaborative individual who is able to both influence without authority and work with significant autonomy and ambiguity.
· Earn trust across a range of levels and disciplines; act as an ID&E subject matter expert by contributing perspective, insights, and knowledge and taking a balanced consultative and systematic approach to enable the organization to achieve measurable results.
· Operationalize monthly business reviews on status of ID&E goals on key programs and initiatives.
· Build and drive ID&E program objectives through program management and defined project plans; manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation and communications for program/process roll-out and ongoing support.
· Collaborate closely with HR, talent management, recruitment, and business partners, to define priorities, goals, and measures of success.
· Educate the business on ID&E topics, and advocate for marginalized communities in the industry. Consult on topics such as systemic oppression, racial trauma and other global frameworks such as intersectionality, unconscious bias, privilege, and colorism.
· Develop effective engagement with leaders through facilitation, and presentations on ID&E topics. Inspire leaders at all levels to drive prioritization of and commitment to ID&E goals.
· Drive culture change around inclusion and equity to attract and retain world-class diverse talent to be responsive to customer’s needs.
· Provide leadership coaching, when appropriate, to managers and Directors/VPs via one-to-one and group interactions
· Proactively identify risks/issues, providing solutions, resolving risks/issues, and overcoming hurdles to drive results
· Think big to identify the root causes of any failure to meet ID&E goals; devise solutions with a holistic and long-term perspective
· 5+ years designing, executing, and reporting on ID&E programs
· 5+ years’ experience with project delivery for large, cross-functional audiences; managing projects with multiple inputs and multiple stakeholders
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Strong project and program management skills (5-7 years)
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to earn trust and communicate, both in writing and verbally, at all levels and disciplines within and outside the organization
· Track record of analyzing and using data to drive decision-making and deliver business objectives
· Passion for solving tough challenges regarding ID&E
· Ability to work autonomously in a challenging and often ambiguous environment, with a proven track-record of delivering results
· Multi-national or global work experience and tech based industry experience
· Experience in a client-facing leadership role, enabling organizations to build and execute their ID&E plan to achieve measurable results, driving incremental progress towards long-term vision and goals
· Deep understanding of societal systems of bias, and ability to apply this knowledge to invent, evolve, improve, and simplify business and HR processes
· Experience demonstrating high judgment and working with confidential or highly sensitive subject matter
· Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive them to completion using project/program management tools
· Proven effective written, verbal communication, interpersonal skills; high quality document and report preparation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.