LMI is dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. As a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenue is directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in logistics, management advisory services, advanced analytics, and digital services. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
LMI seeks an Executive Assistant to support our federal customer in Northern Virginia.
- Facilitate daily office operations (e.g., scheduling and coordinating meetings, calendar management, and general office logistics).
- Attend and participate in meetings, take meeting notes, record taskers and actions, and update the staff when necessary.
- Prepare briefings as appropriate.
- Manage scheduling and disseminate changes in a timely manner to the appropriate staff. Review schedules proactively and make necessary changes. Interface with meeting attendees and stakeholders to coordinate and support meetings and other events.
- Review incoming and outgoing correspondence, including presentations, briefings, and reports; check for formatting, proofread, and edit as necessary; prepare documents for signature and ensure proper routing through the staff.
- Coordinate travel logistics and itineraries. Assemble a trip folder or book with background information, maps, details, and other travel information. Interface with the hotel, rental car company, travel agency, and other personnel to troubleshoot, update, cancel, and reconcile actions related to travel.
- Monitor travel-related expenses and ensure proper action is taken. Research and apply government travel policies, guidelines, and other controls, and disseminate to the staff to ensure compliance. Assist with developing and reconciling travel authorizations and vouchers.
- Update rosters, calendar invites, and address lists, and schedule new employee meet-and-greets with the team's leadership
- Gather forms, assist with training, provide information pertaining to creation requests for network access accounts, ensure equipment is issued, and assist with workspace and laptop set-up.
- Manage multiple assignments from multiple people in busy work environment.
- Secret clearance
- 7-10 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Prior experience providing administrative support to senior DoD leadership
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to establish and maintain working relationships with internal and external staff members, and the ability to work independently and take a proactive role
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks according to senior staff requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- A true team player who maintains a positive attitude in a dynamic environment