Educational Technology Specialist
Position Objective: The Educational Technology Specialist position supports the work of the Foreign Service Institutes School of Language Studies (SLS) Educational Technology Coordinator with a specific focus on Audio Visual support for the school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with sharing, disseminating and aligning information and processes within instructional divisions.
- Provide support for Divisions to ensure available technology meets mission needs.
- Evaluate new software products, services, and procedures to determine their suitability for use within the School. Identify new technologies to support instruction. Provide training and support to instructional staff on educational software and hardware.
- Communicate with divisions to assess hardware and software requirements and track subscription renewal dates, costs, and software licenses.
- Collect software, hardware, and maintenance requests along with costs from functional and instructional divisions to support budget submissions and purchase requests.
- Submit and track School requests to the FSI Change Control Board CCB for software on FSINet and OpenNet. Communicate status updates to stakeholders.
- Create, update, and maintain a repository of SOPs, processes and best practices.
- Collaborate with FSI/EX/AV to provide webinars, video production, sound production, and other AV services to School staff and students.
- Maintain the Technology and Innovation laptops, iPads and other mobile devices. Work with FSI/EX, and relevant points of contact in divisions to update software and inform of outstanding or pending upgrades.
- Maintain a Photo request system. Fulfill daily download requests and organize repository of requested images for future users.
- Schedule meeting locations, maintain innovation section shared mailboxes, send emails on behalf of the Educational Technology Coordinator, and manage innovation calendars.
- Conduct other duties as assigned, including one-off projects and general technical assistance in support of Department, FSI, and School technological initiatives.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology related field
- 1 year working in Information Technology related field
- Proven Proficiency: Knowledge Management Systems Administration (ex: SharePoint)
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Information Technology or Education Technology / Instructional Technology Related Field preferred
- Experience: 1 year working in Instructional Technology Role preferred
- Knowledge management Systems Administration (ex: Microsoft SharePoint) and Educational Delivery Systems / Learning Management Systems
- Knowledge of: Instructional Technology Hardware and Software
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GAP Solutions provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
GAP Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.