Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world's leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Director of Strategic Partnership (DSP) with Aramark Business Dining Growth and Retention Team will be responsible for a specific portfolio of key Retention accounts.
The DSP will direct and lead the efforts for advancing our market position and value proposition at our client accounts within a designated territory and portfolio. A successful DSP candidate will be expected to provide keen analytical skills to help identify and align with the goals and aspirations of our current business partners, create customized solutions based on mutually beneficial strategic considerations, and successfully communicate to our existing clients the differential advantages of Aramark, resulting in long-term development and industry-leading client retention and growth rates. Candidates must have demonstrated the ability to lead client engagement planning and execution and to collaborate with operating leadership and functional support staff to develop, lead and execute customized account strategies for our existing business partners.
The Director of Strategic Partnership will manage a portfolio of accounts as designated by the Vice President of Retention and Vice President of Growth. The DSP is the client relationship management owner of the portfolio with direct responsibility for account retention through the application and execution of comprehensive, client-facing strategies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to account diagnostics, relationship analysis and engagement planning and execution, annual account objectives development, formalized client communications, proposal development, client presentations, and contract negotiations.
- Growth opportunity and retention risk identification through the application of the Performance Management Dashboard (PMD), the Partnership Value Index (PVI) and Miller Heimen Strategic Selling & Large Account Management, (VOC) Voice of the Customer
- Action and accountability management through Annual Account Management Workshops
- Client and prospect engagement management through wiring and client mapping plans
- Client value communication initiatives including but not limited to Account Growth Plans (AGP), Strategic Update and Performance Reviews (SUPR) and Client Business Reviews (CBR), client-based professional organizations and conferences and thought leadership opportunities.
- Drive Base Business and Vertical Growth by interfacing with client regarding Proactive Innovation, Contract Pricing and additional Lines of Service.
- Ensure delivery of client expectations within contract portfolio
- Effective use of deliberate influence strategies to impact, shape, or re-direct the behaviors of others, without formal authority
- Promote a spirit of cooperation within the business units and Aramark to best leverage capabilities and resources to serve client needs
- Possess a genuine desire and ability to understand the marketplace and changing needs of clients and respond accordingly with proactive solutions that target these needs
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the broader market picture and applies it to make mutually beneficial business decisions in a mature service industry
- Ability to successfully build alliances and influence key decision makers
- Manage customer relationships through creative problem solving and customer savvy at the C-level of client organizations
- Operational acumen and savvy (including dining, facility and conference services technical understanding and proforma development)
- Ability to identify and apply quantifiable client-centered performance metrics and operational results to existing and proposed services
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel 70% of the time