As a Collections Analyst, you will support Amazon's strategic customers to identify and resolve billing issues, reconcile accounts and drive monthly collection targets. A successful individual will be self-motivated—someone who can recognize how processes can improve and effectively implement positive changes. The candidate must also be able to build strong cross-functional relationships and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. You will earn trust with our customers to facilitate timely payment.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
- Manage a portfolio of customer receivables and work to maximize Amazon's cash flow by solving customer payment issues
- Full cycle of accounts receivable past due balances, including: research, analysis and account reconciliations
- Calling customers and scheduling resolution sessions to understand the procure-to-pay cycles of our customers
- Managing and resolving invoice discrepancies to ensure timely and accurate receivables.
- Managing internal and external Accounts Receivable inquiries.
- Maintain customer relationships by responding timely and accurately to both internal (company) and external (vendor directly) questions and requests for information.
- Understand the Amazon billing processes to provide guidance to customers, identify defects and drive resolution upstream of AR
- Understand the pain points of customers and solve our customer's problems
- Implement processes that make it easy for customers to pay Amazon
- Develop policies, procedures and processes with internal support teams, then implement and enforce globally (continuous improvement cycle)
- Providing prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to customers.
- Escalating when appropriate to direct manager and/or senior leaders
- Keeping detailed notes, task creation and reminders in our collections tools.
- Acting as the Voice of the Customer for our top tier customers and Sales Teams, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement.
- Actively seeking solutions to customer and sales needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience