Business Operations Specialist I
Position Objective: This position provides business support for administrative management in one or more areas to include budgeting, contract management, procurement, travel, invoicing or HR activities. The position requires individuals to work independently with minimal supervision and to work effectively as part of a team. Individual must provide business management support to large FSI School/Center organizations that operate at the school, division, program, and course levels. Must have outstanding organizational skills and a meticulous attention to detail; an ability to communicate effectively and professionally in writing and verbally; demonstrated initiative and willingness to continuously develop new skills; and an ability to work with multiple management level and supervisory staff and manage competing priorities, meet deadlines, and follow through on projects. The position requires a strong customer service orientation, good judgment, discretion and flexibility. The ability to handle confidential material with tact and discretion is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze established and existing processes and suggest methods for streamlining and improving operations.
- Establish and update standard operating procedures for the administrative unit.
- Contribute to the formulation of the annual and mid-year financial plans.
- Develop data, reports, narrative and draft supporting justification in support of financial planning.
- Set up and maintain detailed spreadsheets to monitor, track and project funding.
- Prepare budget and financial documents and transactions including, but not limited to travel authorizations and vouchers, requisitions, reimbursements and honoraria.
- Monitor spending, generate reports from the financial system, and prepare budget reports, charts, grafts and presentations.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets and/or databases for status tracking of contract positions, including status of pending requests and time off.
- Work closely under the direction of the COR to support contract administration responsibilities.
- Ensure contract status documents are maintained in a current and accurate manner; maintain COR e-filing system.
- Manage assigned tasks in accordance with approved internal processes.
- Handle confidential and/or personnel sensitive material and information with tact and discretion.
- Provide program support to complex FSI School/Center organizations that operate component levels (Schools/divisions/programs/courses)
- Maintain time and leave records for the assigned area and serve as back-up timekeeper for other areas.
- Maintain recurring internal reports, office equipment listings, correspondence controls, and training plans.
- Assists with budget reports, data calls, and memos to show Fiscal Year (FY) needs, changes, and requirements
- Voucher Administration
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the SAIT Technical Training and Exam Voucher programs, including the development and implementation of voucher program policies/procedures
- Requisitions vouchers from the voucher vendor as needed; and for exam vouchers, as approved by the SAIT COR
- Maintains accountability of all vouchers and control dissemination of all vouchers used
- Provides professional and timely responses to DOS employee emails and phone calls, pertaining to training and exam vouchers
- Course Material Inventory Management
- Manages the physical and electronic course resources for all SAIT in a manner that can be easily accessed, counted, and retrieved.
- Determines and communicates course material requirements to the SAIT planning team to support the uninterrupted delivery of SAIT courses
- Distributes course materials to the appropriate points of contact domestically and around the world
- Maintains an up-to-date check-out log of materials temporarily issued to students
- Overtime may be required.
- Bachelors degree and three years experience working in an office environment
- High level skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; database and spreadsheet management experience required.
- Experience performing work in support of federal budget processes
- Experience performing work in support of federal contract administration
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Ability to independently prioritize in order to meet competing deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively as part of a team
- Experience working in a highly diverse cultural setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GAP Solutions provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job us at email@example.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
GAP Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.