Job Description Job Number: R0028802
Audit Readiness Consultant, Junior
Support Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) efforts to meet the congressionally mandated deadline to achieve fully auditable financial statements. Perform a wide variety of analysis on the composition of DoD financial statements. Analyze internal controls and test plans to support internal test work in preparation for a financial statement audit. Support internal control and substantive testing of business processes and financial statements. Liaise with client stakeholders and subject matter professionals. Support a workstream with the workstream lead. This position is located in Crystal City, VA.
- 1+ years of experience with accounting, auditing, or financial management
- Experience with reviewing or testing internal controls
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of financial statements for federal accounting, including general ledgers, such as USSGL
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with financial audits
- Experience in the FIAR community a plus
- Knowledge of DoD financial management practices or business processes preferred
- Knowledge of A-123, GAAP, GAAS, or similar accounting preferred
- Ability to excel in a culture with a high degree of ambiguity
- Possession of excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- MA or MS degree preferred
- CPA License, PMP, CDFM, CIA, or CGFM Certification preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status—to fearlessly drive change.