Associate Corporate Counsel, AWS Products
Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented attorney to be based in Seattle, WA OR Arlington, VA to support Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. AWS is at the forefront of the cloud computing industry, providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute, storage, database, messaging, and other software-as-service products.
We're looking for an attorney to help support AWS' business applications services. In this role, you'll serve as the primary attorney for several AWS services and work with internal business clients to advise on challenging legal issues related to the development of these services. Your responsibilities will include identifying legal risks and proposing mitigation strategies, overseeing regulatory and contractual compliance, negotiating strategic and technology licensing agreements, and analyzing and proposing policy positions around the world.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
Amazon offers its attorneys the opportunity to develop their experience and career with one of the world's most recognized and dynamic brands. Competitive salary includes equity.
· Juris Doctor (J.D.) and admitted to at least one state bar (or equivalent)
· 2+ years of sophisticated legal experience
· 2-4 years experience at national or international law firm
· In-house experience at a technology company
· Experience with IP licensing and technology transactions, data privacy, telecom regulations, cloud computing, or enterprise software
· Sound and practical business judgment as well as common sense
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.